The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Estie Loaner Program -- Dead?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,464 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 23:37

The Estie Loaner program was apparently moved to the PIF area.  There seems to be no activity.  In view of the relatively low cost of Esterbrooks generally, do you think this was a realistic program, given the costs of shipping pens back and forth?  I am guessing cost of material and postage would be four to five dollars each way. 

I had kept twenty or so pens only as potential loaners.  If nobody thinks this is viable, I'll just move them on.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Sponsored Content

#2 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 23:41

http://www.fountainp...m-2017-onwards/

The thread is still running but less interest of late....

#3 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,464 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:35

OK, I suspected there was no interest in this program any more, and that confirms it.  Yes, I knew of the thread in the link, but wondered if any Esterbrook owners thought there might be any interest.  Because of rising postal costs and the fairly low price of most Esterbrooks, it makes more sense for interested persons to just buy one. 

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Sponsored Content

|