The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Several Pens For Newbies Or Not

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Tookiedoo

Tookiedoo

NOS (New Old Stock)

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:47

Thank you so much! I think I saw something about it being springy on the Goulet website when I looked up to learn about the pen. I'll be happy with it either way, I'm sure. 

I can't wait until I can do something like this for someone else!

josh

I've got 2 Preppys that I've turned into eye droppers, so I've got a spare Platinum converter that would fit the Cool. If you want it, just let me know!

Sponsored Content

#22 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 14:53

Thank you so much! I think I saw something about it being springy on the Goulet website when I looked up to learn about the pen. I'll be happy with it either way, I'm sure. 

I can't wait until I can do something like this for someone else!

josh

I will place a sample writing later trying to show line variation of the Platinum Cool... if someone else can post such sample before I do I would be grateful because I cannot do it right now. I have another one I will keep. Just didn’t like the pink color; my keeper is colorless. In addition, they are kind of wet, very pleasant to write with. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

#23 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 15:06

To all of you. I am grateful that I have received PIFs in the past, in my journey of learning back using fountain pens, I tried papers, inks, and different pens till I got set on what the difference among the many nibs and Parkers (PAPERS, You iPad, papers! ) ...I even received an old empty agenda with great, wonderful paper. Lets just keep it up and be truthful to the idea of sharing a good thing.

Now, who wants the Jinhaos minus one? I am keeping the black one, cause I am a black pen enthusiast and I need just one Jinhao.

Edited by Lamyrada, 01 February 2018 - 15:11.

#24 AMWfountain

AMWfountain

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 15:44

Hey, I have commented before, but I would love to try a Jinhaos, I have seen them online and heard alot about them. I love the look of the clip and then pen!

#25 Zookie

Zookie

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 18:16

I'm very found of Jinhao pens, and if you can't find a home for them, I'd love a couple!

That's only if you find no other takers of course.

#26 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 20:02

Hey, I have commented before, but I would love to try a Jinhaos, I have seen them online and heard alot about them. I love the look of the clip and then pen!

They are yours then!

Will be happy to send them.

#27 DziaDzia

DziaDzia

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 18:50

This is a wonderful thing you do.
I recently went to Office Depot and bought my first fountain pen. A cross Bailey for $20. I would be grateful for any gift. I live in Palm Beach County. If I am fortunate enough to be chosen we could hook up if we are within 40-50 miles. If that is possible maybe I could pick up a few pointers too.

Don

#28 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 20:08

This is a wonderful thing you do.
I recently went to Office Depot and bought my first fountain pen. A cross Bailey for $20. I would be grateful for any gift. I live in Palm Beach County. If I am fortunate enough to be chosen we could hook up if we are within 40-50 miles. If that is possible maybe I could pick up a few pointers too.

Don

Don, All the pens have been assigned at the moment. I should have probably announced that but the last PIF were the Jinhao and they went yesterday. You can probably find other PIFs that may interest you in this section in a near future. I am sorry for this.

#29 DziaDzia

DziaDzia

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 00:22

No problem neighbor. Just getting started and finding it a treasure to learn how to actually wrote again. I also been with vintage razors a few years ago. Enjoying going back to this from over fifty years ago.

Sponsored Content

|