Parker Duofold Maxima Uk- Clip Question.

coinlvr

Hi All,

I recently purchased as an impulse buy a Parker Maxima Duofold from UK. See the picture attached. However the item is missing the clip or is broken off. I was wondering if you happen to know a person or a vendor or a FP repair person from whom one can get this pen restored and the broken clip replaced. Where can I find such a clip? Thank you so much for any advice in advance.

post-116177-0-15185400-1517255326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penlvr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• mitto

• hood

• coinlvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have carried out detailed measurements of the clips, the clip from a senior will fit the maxima. They are identical in dimensions. Try to find a parts senior on ebay with an intact clip, clip bushing and clip screw(jewel). The Jewel is the hardest to find as an independent spare part and is a bit tough to remove too.

unfortunately fatnibs explicitly mentions he has no parts for the Maxima in this listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Parker-DUOFOLD-SENIOR-1950s-Complete-section-unit/323019023716?hash=item4b356f2564:m:mvt3-a-j_1bj0LG0PlWab1Q

i have several Maximas and am always on the lookout for parts.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

ETA. I checked my records. The clips of maxima, senior (35 nib) and standard (25 nib) are identical. I have not measured the junior. 10mm OD of the washer and total clip length of 38mm. Hope this helps.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you Hari-ji and Mitto-ji. I will see if I can purchase a Duofold on the eBay and see if I can fit the clip, jewel, and bushing. I have sent out a couple of queries to our local dealers in California. Hopefully, someone will come through. Many thanks. I will ask fatnibs also. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot escape my taqdir or karma...of impulse buying...

I would agree that the clip from the Maxima and Senior are the same, but I believe the clip from the standard Duofold is slightly different - the clip ring matches, so the standard Duofold clip does fit the Maxima cap, but the feathers are ever so slightly wider and the arrow head is just a touch more elongated on the Maxima/Senior clip.

<photos>

I think the cap on the right in your first photo which you have labelled as std is from a Senior Duofold as it has the narrow band.

Below are the caps from a standard, a Maxima, and a Senior side by side. All the examples I have of standard Duofolds, Seniors and Maximas are like these ones, though of course there's no accounting for everything Parker let loose out of the factory! It's difficult to make out the differences in the feathers from a photo but hopefully you can see the slightly different shape of the arrow head - the clip is not longer but the arrow head starts a little higher up the arrow shaft.

fpn_1517438237__p1310003a.jpg

This is a close up of the standard and Maxima arrow head, though it's starting to get a little grainy at 100% crop.

fpn_1517438273__p1310003b.jpg

You can see much more difference from the side view though - the Maxima/Senior arrow head is a little thicker as well.

fpn_1517438304__p1310004a.jpg

And again a 100% crop.

fpn_1517438325__p1310004b.jpg

As the feathers don't really look that different in a photo, the best I could do was measure them, here's what I make them:-

Maxima

fpn_1517438351__p1310005.jpg

standard Duofold

fpn_1517438367__p1310006.jpg

Senior

fpn_1517438387__p1310007.jpg

The actual values that my callipers read might not be taken as gospel, but there are differences between the readings - only very slight though!

I think the cap on the right in your first photo which you have labelled as std is from a Senior Duofold as it has the narrow band.

Hi, No, it is a standard indeed with a narrow cap band and a no 25 nib. Here is an old pic, will take some good pics in the evening India Time.

fpn_1514973088__doc00304220180103151027_

However I agree with your suggestion that there can be product updates and multiple variants put out in the market by Parker. I view this discussion purely as a means of sharing more information, like the existence of a narrow band Std for example. I will take a clip pic of a maxima, a senior and a standard today evening and share.

Edited by hari317

I have never seen a Standard (#25 nib) with a narrow band.

good, then you will see some good pics of it in the evening. :)

... I view this discussion purely as a means of sharing more information...

Indeed, the great benefit of this forum is as a source of information. :)

When you are looking at the pen in the photo this evening, would you be able to measure the length of the cap, and the length of the barrel from the top of the threads to the end of the barrel?

The cap length on the pen labelled as std is: 64.5mm and barrel length without section is 82.86mm. Hth.

Edited by hari317

Yes I would guess that at some point in its life the standard Duofold there has been given the cap from a Senior, as that cap length is the length of a Senior cap.