Colorverse Inks

MHBru

I really hate the fact I can't actually preorder and reserve things from retailers. I understand the reasons, but for something like the Lamy Pink, I get put on a notification list and I put myself on it for about 6 different retailers. I'm sure they'll all notify me around the same time, and I need to be diligent enough to open the email and respond while each has it in stock. That's kind of one of those things that annoys me about this hobby. Perspective: it's just ink, but stiil :)

Seems ridiculous that you can’t preorder. Maybe US sellers are expecting a significant shortfall in stock availability, or like to ramp up demand, but otherwise preordering must surely help them with their stock management & control?

Some Lamy stockists in Europe have been taking taking preorders for a couple of weeks now.

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• Chrissy

• MHBru

• EBGBs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Their product looks really well put together (packaging, presentation, theme, etc.) and I'm almost certainly going to buy some, but I think I'll wait for samples to become available first. Nice to know that Vanness plans to do samples in the future (and thanks to @dvalliere for checking and informing us here). This is also a good excuse to delay further ink purchases as I've fallen way behind schedule getting through my new inks.

The bottles look nice and some of the inks look like nice colours. At Bureau Direct the price for "a pack" is £45. :yikes:

Will I buy any at that price? Heck no! :wacko:

Might I have bought one bottle for less rather than one and a half bottles for £45? Maybe. :)

Their product looks really well put together (packaging, presentation, theme, etc.) and I'm almost certainly going to buy some, but I think I'll wait for samples to become available first. Nice to know that Vanness plans to do samples in the future (and thanks to @dvalliere for checking and informing us here). This is also a good excuse to delay further ink purchases as I've fallen way behind schedule getting through my new inks.

They are definitely worth buying one or two packs. Some colours are a bit “samey” but others are unique, in my experience, and I’m very happy to have added them to my ink selection. And the small bottles are great for swapping and/or sharing.

The bottles look nice and some of the inks look like nice colours. At Bureau Direct the price for "a pack" is £45. :yikes:

Might I have bought one bottle for less rather than one and a half bottles for £45? Maybe. :)

Indeed, I was shocked to see the price yesterday.

Indeed, I was shocked to see the price yesterday.

I did the maths, and to order a single bottle direct from Colorverse worked out around £55 ($30 +$34 postage -5% first time discount (finished yesterday) -10% Instagram discount +2% duty (actually might be 4%) +20% VAT +£8 post office handling charge).

Anyhow - if you're on the Bureau Direct mail list - first of the moth, 10% discount - though that still works out at £40.50 per bottle set.

Edited by dapprman

fpn_1517531368__20180201-colorverse_inks

I'm lucky to live near Pen Chalet. I picked up these beauties a few hours ago. The inks deserve an unboxing, just like a new pen.

Pens are inked! Go!

I did the maths, and to order a single bottle direct from Colorverse worked out around £55 ($30 +$34 postage -5% first time discount (finished yesterday) -10% Instagram discount +2% duty (actually might be 4%) +20% VAT +£8 post office handling charge).

Anyhow - if you're on the Bureau Direct mail list - first of the moth, 10% discount - though that still works out at £40.50 per bottle set.

I get the Bureau Direct newsletter but even at £40.50 they are too expensive for me. Many will disagree with me but most of the price is due to the cost of importing them from South Korea. I currently have every possible colour that I want and more ink than I can use in my lifetime. I don't need to pay this much for something that's either the same or very similar to an ink that I already have. -_- The fact that they contain South Korean water won't make that much difference. :D

I get the Bureau Direct newsletter but even at £40.50 they are too expensive for me. Many will disagree with me but most of the price is due to the cost of importing them from South Korea. I currently have every possible colour that I want and more ink than I can use in my lifetime. I don't need to pay this much for something that's either the same or very similar to an ink that I already have. -_- The fact that they contain South Korean water won't make that much difference. :D

I agree with you - always been a problem for UK stores/online stores

Some of us will pay silly prices for inks; others are label snobs & will pay silly prices for designer pens. Does it matter? Nope. Not a jot.

My Colorverse inks are making me very happy. There are several unique colours to choose from within the three ‘Seasons’ ranges so no need to buy the ones that are similar to other inks.

Their behaviours so far are exemplary, with a luscious feel from the nib & excellent performance even on cheaper papers.

I’m a new Colorverse groupie, and wish them every success. Now I’m off to write with my pen-load of Vortex Motion

Whether it is cars, shoes, food, clothes, pens, inks, paper or anything else. I would rather pay more for a quality product that I will enjoy rather than cheap trash that causes aggravation.

As far as I'm concerned "label snobs" is a term that applies equally to inks as well as well as pens. Each to their own. :)

While some would rather spend their money having over 800 expensive inks, I prefer to spend mine having a few choice expensive pens. And overall I'm very happy to have spent less. :)

Whether it is cars, shoes, food, clothes, pens, inks, paper or anything else. I would rather pay more for a quality product that I will enjoy rather than cheap trash that causes aggravation.

I tend to not buy "cheap trash that causes aggravation" either. Though maybe there are some who believe others do. :(

That is all I'm saying on the subject.

For those who have them; which colours would you say are unique to the range?

Space Laika

Black Hole

Dark Energy

Vortex Motion

I have only used black Hole till now. It's dark, well flowing and super saturated. The feel of the ink is extremely luxurious. Like sailor. I only use sailor inks in my expensive pens, but I may consider using colorverse.

These inks are best bought in group buys, where you can retain the bigger bottle and swap the smaller sample bottle with other member of the group buy.

Thanks Mew.

Black Hole peeks my interest. Have you managed to get any of that interesting blue effect when writing (or after)?

Edited by Uncial

For those who have them; which colours would you say are unique to the range?

I agree with Mew. I absolutely love Vortex Motion - it goes through an intriguing colour change as it dries and the silver green sheen complements it perfectly. Black Hole goes down silky smooth. I’ve only used it a little bit but I get a very subtle purple/brown/slate undertone on Elias paper.

I did a review of VM, with pics, in the “other” place :-)

I'm coveting Schrodinger and Cat, but it's so expensive. Also Bureau Direct aren't stocking the whole range (yet), so at least that's limiting me from buying everything :lol:

How does it behave compared to Pilot Iroshizuki? Which is the only other premium ink I've tried.