What Ink Have You Ordered? - 2018

chromantic

Is it a blue leaning green? The samples I've seen have been more green than anything, though the images did appear over saturated. Do you have a writing sample by chance?

Received the bottle yesterday, but am looking to finish up inks in other pens first.

Yes it is a definitegreen, but it has a blue undertone as opposed to yellow. I don’t have any in a pen right now but I can post a writing sample tomorrow morning if you’d like.

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chromantic

• jmccarty3

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

Diamine Green/Black

Monteverde Horizon Blue

I'm enjoying both. They are great choices for something outside of iconic brands or colors around for as long as I can remember yet not so outside or iconoclasts that you can't use them in the office or for professional use.

Two long-time staples in my ink pantry, Waterman Bleu Sérénité and Montblanc Royal Blue.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

I've just placed an order for the 30ml Diamine bottles of:

Ancient Copper

Red Dragon

Syrah.

The first two I had used samples of, and loved them, but Syrah will be a new experience...!

I think the price of this size of Diamine bottle is really good value - only £2.85 delivered!!

After a few years with little interest in reds, I have received my fifth red, Papier Plume's latest New Orleans ink, House of the Rising Sun & may be getting the appeal of the "reds!"

Ordered Sailor Shikiori Yodaki last night. I also ordered a nib holder and some nibs to try out dip pens for the first time. I am very much looking forward to trying out Yodaki (and all the other inks I have) on dip pens!

Just ordered the sampler set of all 40 colors from Birmingham Pen Co. Looking forward to trying them out, lots of muted tones that work well for my everyday writing uses.

Platinum Carbon Black. Can't wait to try it.

Finally received this one... and it's a massive disappointment! :(

It's the only ink that has bled through Rhodia paper so far, definitely needs a super dry pen. Can't really use it in dip pens either.

It's the only ink that has bled through Rhodia paper so far, definitely needs a super dry pen. Can't really use it in dip pens either.

:yikes:Say what? Welp, thank goodness I've got my eyes set on Kiwa-Guro for my permanent black ink.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I would think I got Edelsteine Smoky Quartz, sometime last year....but is the new last ink I have.

Yesterday, I telephone reserved a bottle of Edelsteine Olivine at my B&M. So as soon as I get around to driving in, I'll get it.

At first I was not so impressed, but a lot of reading, the shading did the trick. That gives me three murky greens, MB's Seaweed, Vert Empire, and this one.

Wouldn't really surprise me if I had yet another bottle of murky green, but would really have to root around to see.

XXXX

Yesterday I got some 4001 BB cartridges, today some Lamy BB cartridges.

I picked up the Olivine, and a bottle of Pelikan 4001 dark green...........and some cartridges of Edelstein Sapphire. In most folks didn't like this ink, decided to try some expensive E4.95 Edelstein cartridges instead of spending E 16.50 for a bottle.

The Lamy BB cartridges were only E1.90. Don't remember what the 4001 BB cost but would expect it to match the Lamy BB price.

Cartridges have always been super expensive, even back in B&W TV days, that has not changed. E1.90 vs E4.60 for the bottle of 4001 dark green shows that.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Stipula Deep Blue

Stipula Deep Red

Sailor Souten

Colorverse Crystal Planet

and a bunch of samples

Yep - this is my ink purchase for the year.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

:yikes:Say what? Welp, thank goodness I've got my eyes set on Kiwa-Guro for my permanent black ink.

It works ok in my Lamy Safari extra fine, but I get too much show through if I use it in wetter pens. Some bleed through on my sketchbook when I used my very fine dip pen. Using the same nib with Diamine inks I don't even get show through...

Definitely wish I hadn't bought this ink :lol:

Surprised to hear that. Platinum Carbon has been my main drawing ink for the past two years. I have it in a Platinum Carbon EF Desk pen and a couple of different size Preppys all the time and other pens occasionally. I don't have Rhodia paper, my sketchbooks are as flimsy as 110gsm cartridge paper through to good watercolour. I have also used it in my Moleskine diary and Clairfontaine journals without the problems you are having. My son has it in a Platinum 3776 with a music nib - that pen puts down a lot of ink - and he hasn't said anything. I'll ask.

I do wonder if you have a bad batch or it's the rhodia paper.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Surprised to hear that. Platinum Carbon has been my main drawing ink for the past two years. I have it in a Platinum Carbon EF Desk pen and a couple of different size Preppys all the time and other pens occasionally. I don't have Rhodia paper, my sketchbooks are as flimsy as 110gsm cartridge paper through to good watercolour. I have also used it in my Moleskine diary and Clairfontaine journals without the problems you are having. My son has it in a Platinum 3776 with a music nib - that pen puts down a lot of ink - and he hasn't said anything. I'll ask.

I do wonder if you have a bad batch or it's the rhodia paper.

I had heard lots of good things about the ink, that's why I bought it!

It's definitely the ink, I tried Diamine Ancient Copper on the same piece of paper and it just refused to bleed through (even where the ink pooled heavily) while the Platinum ink bled through and left some marks on the sheet underneath it.

I suppose I have a bad bottle, as it's easily the worst behaving ink I have in my small(?) 30~ ink collection. Too bad, I REALLY wanted this one to work well :(

Following receipt of one 50 ml bottle via Amazon (only 1 bottle left) I found it available and for a far better price at Pen Chalet. What is it? It is Sailor Jentle Rikyu-Cha. I tried to get some Cigar ink from Pen & Message in Kyoto, but they only ship inside Japan. I found the Rikyu-Cha several places that were selling the new 20 ml bottles for $15...but Pen Chalet had the older style 50 ml bottles for $16. Now THERE’S a no brainer. So I now can claim to own three 50 ml bottles.

Waiting on some samples of Iroshizuku Ajisai and Momiji (the first red I'm trying). I just got a bottle of their Fuyu-syogun, a grey ink, and really like it. Grey is my "go to" everyday ink from the time I started using Sheaffer Grey cartridges in my Sheaffer school pen...lol

Last purchase was vintage Parker washable blue [ NOS ] 2oz bottles. Trying to complete my Parker ink display.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Jotteraddict62/001_zpsniaprg2c.jpg

Need to update my avatar.