What Ink Have You Ordered? - 2018

chromantic

lancecreeks provided a link in the "looking for a dark teal" thread to a collection of various blue swatches, one of which was Organics Studio's Nitrogen. It looked very intriguing so I checked out the 4 reviews of it in the index and ended up ordering a bottle from PenChalet.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chromantic

• jmccarty3

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• Intensity

I picked up a bottle of Sailor Skikiori Skimoyo and am very pleased with it. A great blue and, from what I can tell so far, typical behaviour of a Sailor ink. Cheers.

Keep your nose clean and your nib wet.

-Mullen88

Another bottle of DeAtramentis Pearl Violet, and a bottle of Franklin Christoph “Ink 18”.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

TWD in UK has now more reasonable price of Kaweco ink bottles, so on the way are Caramel Brown, Midnight Blue and Summer Purple, which so far I only had in carts (I really like the colours and behaviour...and the similarity to C d’A inks).

And a back up Alt Goldgrun bottle.

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

I'm waiting for a bottle of Sailor Mitsukoshi Baikoucha.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Two inks on the way from from Akkerman - SBRE Brown in the big bottle and Voorhout Violet in the smaller one.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Came across some articles on Colorverse inks. Ended up ordering #15 Gravity Wave, #27 Extra Dimension, and #28 Warped Passages (#27 & #28 are a packaged set). These inks look very interesting, the sheen is ideal, and the themes are awesome. Cheers. post-119510-0-08007500-1517158131.jpeg

Keep your nose clean and your nib wet.

-Mullen88

KWZ IG Gummiberry, Baltic Memories, and J. Herbin Poussière De Lune to start the new year with!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

As soon as it is released on Goulet, I'll snag Robert Oster Great Southern Ocean, and pick up Morning Mist and Torquay too. I have a serious Robert Oster addiction.

I'm waiting for a bottle of Sailor Mitsukoshi Baikoucha.

Do tell how it is when you get it. I've long considered getting the Mitsukoshi inks.

Recently ordered backup bottles of Sailor Rikyu-cha, Do-you, Shigure, Nioi-Sumire, along with a bottle of regular old Sailor Jentle Blue-black.

Nothing yet. I may get something sometime in the next 60 days though..... I have a birthday coming up. No idea what it would be at this point.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

KWZ Monarch, Monteverde Fire Opal, Bungubox Ink of Naotora and Kobe#7

Waiting for customs to release them, so they are going to take a while to get to me

A bottle each of Organics Studio Henry David Thoreau Walden Pond Blue and Nitrogen Royal blue should be arriving at my door today. I am also awaiting four bottles of Iroshizuku ink: Kiri-same, Take-sumi, Tsuki-yo, and Yama-guri. Hopefully they will arrive some time this week.

I was happy to find that the COLORVERSE inks were available from HIPPO NOTO & have a bottle of Season 3's #25 & 26 on their way to me; after ordering it & found out VANNESS also had received the Colorverse inks & just added #6, Space Laika, perhaps from season 1.

I am optimistic that my bottle of Shosaikan Shinzan, yellow green, which has left customs & made it to N Hampshire will be making it's way before any freezing weather rears it's head! I believe that is an ink I remember White Lotus reviewing & was translated in that review as "Deep in the Mountains;" I was happy to find it recently offered & sold @ a far less price than it was bringing a few years ago. It is funny how our interest can be greater when the cost decreases!

My Dr. Brown shelf was replenished from those "nice folks @ Vanness, just yesterday & I have three of the R&K Sketch inks to try. I waited awhile but finally received a bottle of KOBE's "Ginza Gold Sepia" & have found it another beautiful brown ink.

It has been a good month for inks for me!

Put in an order last night to Vanness for the new Colorverse inks: String/Brane, Vortex Motion, Morning Star, and Dark Matter should be headed my way before too long :wub:

Sadly I missed out on Black Hole, which looked very interesting.

Colorverse Inks in Andromeda and Morning Star : can’t wait to try them !

Do tell how it is when you get it. I've long considered getting the Mitsukoshi inks.

Recently ordered backup bottles of Sailor Rikyu-cha, Do-you, Shigure, Nioi-Sumire, along with a bottle of regular old Sailor Jentle Blue-black.

According to the tracking info, the Mitsukoshi should be delivered next week.

I did exactly the same with the Sailor inks.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I'm trying to be good (well, frugal, anyway), saving up for the Baltimore Pen Show in March.... But I've already started the "Ooh, shiny" mental list of inks to check out. Just saw the Colorverse ones, and some of them look quite interesting. Also, some of the newer Diamine inks (Arabian Nights is on the short list); and probably some KWZI inks (IG Gummiberry is definitely one I need a full bottle of...).

There are some others, but I haven't made up my complete shopping list. So, not really ordering anything quite yet.... Well, probably (someone posted about the 5 new Birmingham inks.... :wallbash:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."