The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Need Help With Id On Safety Pen Brand

safety pen id european

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Confucius_cat

Confucius_cat

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:49

Hi Everyone,

I am humbly requesting your aid in identifying the brand of this safety pen that resembles a vintage MB simplo.

_DSC5272.JPG

By the way, might anyone know what the white inlay is made out of?

Appreciatively yours,

Confucius_cat

Sponsored Content

#2 Azuniga

Azuniga

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 18:28

The logo is from the early Osmia period before they had legal problems with Mont Blanc just because of this particular logo...

It would be great if we could see the whole pen... 

#3 Baroz

Baroz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 19:05

The inlaid star is made of casein

#4 Baroz

Baroz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 19:10

Please feel free to share more photos of this safety pen. It appears to be in great condition.

#5 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 16:25

Not my pen, nor picture, used to show the Osmia Diamond of later than that 1922 and later mark shown.

I have a 540, that is similar. But never get around to making pictures.

Osmia had 4-5 different Finials, same amount of clips.

Just saw a BCHR 76 with a gold ring around the Diamond...had a gold Supra nib, mine has a white circle, and a steel nib....that had nothing to do with it. In I have other gold nibbed Osmia's with a white circle around the diamond.

The below one in '30's or '45-51 when Faber Castell took over. The 54 became then the 540 and the 62 the 662.

The gold and the steel or gold plated nibs are equally grand. 1932, Osmia broke again, gave up their nib factory to Degussa which continued making Osmia nibs.

So don't be a gold snob with Osmia,  you can get the same great nib a tad cheaper in steel.

1922 the Boehler brothers bought the Osmium tipping compound from a Heidelberg professor when they started their company. It was such a grand tipping, the Boehler's named their company after the tipping compound. 

Small diamond with a number in it is a semi-flex nib.....a nib with a big diamond and Supra or a nib with out the big Diamond, but with Supra on it is a maxi-semi-flex nib.

I have both. :notworthy1: :puddle:

RIUVKxa.jpg

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 12 July 2018 - 16:31.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safety pen, id, european

Sponsored Content

|