The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help Finding Replacement Nib

nibs

4 replies to this topic

#1 Izaak123

Izaak123

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2018 - 23:03

Hey, I've just started back using fountain pens. So, I have found my old Jaguar fountain pen out to use. The nib needs replacing but it isn't a popular brand of fountain pen so I can't find anywhere that sells nibs for my pen. Does anyone's know where I can find a decent replacement?

Sponsored Content

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 23:06

Hello and welcome to FPN.  :W2FPN:

You need to find out what size nib you need then buy a new replacement nib and feed from somewhere like Bock who sells various nibs and feeds in different sizes and materials.  :)

#3 ASCIIaardvark

ASCIIaardvark

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2018 - 19:37

Hey, I've just started back using fountain pens. So, I have found my old Jaguar fountain pen out to use. The nib needs replacing but it isn't a popular brand of fountain pen so I can't find anywhere that sells nibs for my pen. Does anyone's know where I can find a decent replacement?

Do you have pics?

If the nib looks something like this, you might be in luck. If it looks more like this, you have fewer options...

If you can remove the nib, measure the width of the base with your calipers:

Nib+anatomy.jpg

5, 5.5, and 6 mm widths are pretty standard sizes and you have a bunch of options for a replacement. 8mm is less common, but still do-able.

But many of the larger companies make nibs in-house and aren't compatible with anyone else's nibs, and don't sell replacements.

#4 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2018 - 22:29

Try Goulet Pens he seems to deal in nibs of all kinds.

#5 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,470 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2018 - 19:27

Depending on the size of the nib, I've used Chinese nibs off eBay, to replace missing/broken nibs.

But they only come in ONE size, that I've been able to find.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 23-25, 2019 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nibs

Sponsored Content

|