Mega Group Buy 2 - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Model 3, 4, 5, 3C, 4C)

mpkandan

I hope that Form showed all the choices one is asked to make correctly.

You get a copy e-mailed back to you & I wanted to be sure it had been completed fully.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• sansenri

• abuomar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have posted this before, I do not have the same photo uncapped, I will have to take it sooner or later... :)

fpn_1517345867__p1080649-2.jpg

from left to right

Ranga 5 mottled brown

Ranga 3 (flat top) mottled green

Ranga 4C (rounded ends) pink swirl bakul

Ranga 3C olive swirl bakul

Ranga 3C olive swirl polished

Aurora Talentum (as size comparison)

The main difference between the 3 and the 4 (whether C or not) is the step down between section and barrel.

The 4 has the step down the 3 does not.

That looks good on the 4 when the pen is closed (flush)

But can be annoying depending where you place your fingers. The 4 still has quite a long section so it is unlikley your fingers will be on the step down. My preference still goes to the 3 for the lack of step down.

here is the 4

fpn_1517346492__dscn7142-2.jpg

and the 3

fpn_1517346925__p1080986-3.jpg

It appears that you own these pens, so please advise. Do the caps post securely, or must these pens only be used unposted?

Thank you,

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

My attention was drawn to the white/blue pen in the foreground. I really don't know what you would call it. The cap & barrel look like they were from two different rods.

The two parts look like wood grains, or would you consider it to be marble?

I wish you could get linoleum like that. It would make a wonderful bathroom floor!

Mr Kandan: It says that you cannot receive any new private messages.

I submitted a Google Form to you on the 24th, and I received an e-mail from you.

I accidentally deleted it.... I assume it was the invoice for the pen.

My attention was drawn to the white/blue pen in the foreground. I really don't know what you would call it. The cap & barrel look like they were from two different rods.

The two parts look like wood grains, or would you consider it to be marble?

I wish you could get linoleum like that. It would make a wonderful bathroom floor!

Mr Kandan: It says that you cannot receive any new private messages.

I submitted a Google Form to you on the 24th, and I received an e-mail from you.

I accidentally deleted it.... I assume it was the invoice for the pen.

Dear Sir,

All ripple and Mottled pattern would vary from pen to pen. Yes .Colour patterns in Premium ebonite varies drastically.

Please mail me at mpkandan@yahoo.co.in.

I will send the details again

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thank you for your reply Mr Kandan.

E-mail sent to you.

I think that polishing really makes the pens look more beautiful, but that is just my personal taste.

I decided on a Ranga 3 in plain black & a chrome clip. I think it looks stylish without shouting "look at me" too loudly.

Does a pen made of Ebonite feel different to a pen made out of plastic or coated metal? I have not encountered the material before.

Following up again - does anyone know whether these pens post fairly securely, or are they best left unposted?

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Following up again - does anyone know whether these pens post fairly securely, or are they best left unposted?

Sharon in Indiana

These pens are large so are suitable for using unposted, at least to me.

Sharon in Indiana

You *can* post these pens (at least the 3 I have in this range: a 3, a 4C, and a 5) - but the posted length of the 4C is nearly 20cm, compared with an uncapped length of around 14cm. (The Model 5 is 15cm uncapped, and an absurd 21cm posted!) I don't think they're really designed for it, either - so though you can get a fairly snug fit between cap and rear of pen, I'd be concerned that over time you scratch up the one and/or damage the threads of the other.

I wouldn't pretend to know how durable Ebonite to be but I definitely would not want to risk damaging the threads inside the cap of the #3 that I ordered.

I do not know how much ink the pen would hold when fully charged. I certainly wouldn't want any leak to escape from the pen if such a thing happened.

I wondered about the 'feel' of Ebonite. Some of the Mabie Todd and Waterman pens had their surface chased with a pattern. I wondered whether it was for the sake of grip or just 'style'.

Dear All,

Shipment Update: All orders (Except 1 or 2) have been Shipped for which we have received payments on or before 16th Feb-18

Group Buy update: Thanks for overwhelming support and response. WE are ending this group buy on today

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

You *can* post these pens (at least the 3 I have in this range: a 3, a 4C, and a 5) - but the posted length of the 4C is nearly 20cm, compared with an uncapped length of around 14cm. (The Model 5 is 15cm uncapped, and an absurd 21cm posted!) I don't think they're really designed for it, either - so though you can get a fairly snug fit between cap and rear of pen, I'd be concerned that over time you scratch up the one and/or damage the threads of the other.

Thanks for the response!

I think shipping has just started. Mine was paid on 2nd Feb and it is shipped on Monday and delivered yesterday. Of course it was within India hence received so early. I hope to see it today when I am back home.

I think shipping has just started. Mine was paid on 2nd Feb and it is shipped on Monday and delivered yesterday. Of course it was within India hence received so early. I hope to see it today when I am back home.

Dear All,

Shipment Update: All orders (Except 1 or 2) have been Shipped for which we have received payments on or before 16th Feb-18

Group Buy update: Thanks for overwhelming support and response. WE are ending this group buy on today

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Edited by Scribs

Your pen has been shipped Sir. We will send the details on this weekend.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company