Mega Group Buy 2 - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Model 3, 4, 5, 3C, 4C)

mpkandan

Ordered the Model 5 Demonstrator with flat end. Paypal payment already sent.

So excited!! Loved the first group buy where I got the Giant Bamboo demo with polished finials.

This will be a great addition! :D

Thanks for everyone that is making this happen.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• sansenri

• abuomar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am curious to see the model 5 demo with flat ends... please Gryphon1911 post a pic when it arrives!

here is a size comparison model 5 vs Aurora Talentum (the Aurora looks like a Lady size...)

fpn_1517699050__p1080646-3.jpg

Thanks for help with clarifying the difference between 3 and 4. I now know I have the bakul flat 3 and the glossy 3C, along with the 5 demonstrator - glad to have the advice about the 4 step down. At any rate, my Rangas are lovely and have received many compliments since I purchased them in previous group buys :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

Hi

What are the dimensions of each of the models? Length, weight, width? Can a particular model be shortened or lengthened? Can all models come either with a domed cap and domed body end or a flat top and flat body end?

Thanks

Eytim,

I submitted my order assuming that these pens could also be used as eyedropper pens. Does the bock nib setup make this unrealistic?

Eytim,

I submitted my order assuming that these pens could also be used as eyedropper pens. Does the bock nib setup make this unrealistic?

In fact Bock nib units make these with 3 in 1 filling system.

Cartridge Convertor and eyedropper

So you can use them as ed filled without any problem. Just use silicone grease at both threads, nib unit- section and section- barrel and you're good to go.

Edited by prashant.tikekar

In fact Bock nib units make these with 3 in 1 filling system.

Cartridge Convertor and eyedropper

So you can use them as ed filled without any problem. Just use silicone grease at both threads, nib unit- section and section- barrel and you're good to go.

Outstanding! I had hoped that this was the case. Thanks for the info.

I am curious to see the model 5 demo with flat ends... please Gryphon1911 post a pic when it arrives!

here is a size comparison model 5 vs Aurora Talentum (the Aurora looks like a Lady size...)

fpn_1517699050__p1080646-3.jpg

Will do.

if you need, Please put it in remarks. We can customize Sir.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Can I get a clip on the Model #5?

I know it won't fit most pockets... but when I was in India, I had a vest made with extra-long pockets for my oversized pens :)

> Without Nib But Pen threaded to take Bock Nib (@ less US$ 14)

I have a Ranga Zeal that I tried to put an ebonite feed in, but it didn't fit in the Bock threading -- can I get a smooth bore sized for standard #6 (6.3mm) feed/nib?

> 6th Pen is model 5A Demonstrator with Ebonite Cap and Section

Is the demonstrator with ebonite cap and section available in Model #4 as well? Do I just request model 4A?
I love both ebonite and seeing how much ink I have.
My Ranga Zeal looks like this model. (it even shows ink color in the finial!)
@sansenri -- thanks for the post with extra pictures! I just got a Gama Kuyil and like the texture but was worried how ripple material would look, and yours look way nicer than I was expecting.

Form submitted.

I'm excited for my very first ebonite experience; ordered a mottled green Model 3 with gold hardware.

Can I get a clip on the Model #5?

I know it won't fit most pockets... but when I was in India, I had a vest made with extra-long pockets for my oversized pens :)

> Without Nib But Pen threaded to take Bock Nib (@ less US$ 14)

I have a Ranga Zeal that I tried to put an ebonite feed in, but it didn't fit in the Bock threading -- can I get a smooth bore sized for standard #6 (6.3mm) feed/nib?

> 6th Pen is model 5A Demonstrator with Ebonite Cap and Section

Is the demonstrator with ebonite cap and section available in Model #4 as well? Do I just request model 4A?
I love both ebonite and seeing how much ink I have.
My Ranga Zeal looks like this model. (it even shows ink color in the finial!)
@sansenri -- thanks for the post with extra pictures! I just got a Gama Kuyil and like the texture but was worried how ripple material would look, and yours look way nicer than I was expecting.

Dear Sir,

Model 5 is available in Clipless only. We cannot bore the Bock plastic housing unit as it is very thin and it is moulded.

Model 4A & 5A is not part of this group buy.

Take care

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Form submitted - Model 4C, premium orange, polished, clipless, chome nib in broad

So happy to be able to order clipless!

PayPal sent

Hi Vaibhav

Form Submitted for Ranga 3 for delivery in India. Please tell me how to proceed for payment?

Thanks

Nitin Arora

How long is the model 4 pen without the cap?

Also, I never replaced a nib unit before so excuse my lack of knowledge. I like #5 nibs more so if I later decided that the #6 nib is too big for me, is it possible to simply replace the nib unit with another?

Thanks for the help!

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

How long is the model 4 pen without the cap?

Also, I never replaced a nib unit before so excuse my lack of knowledge. I like #5 nibs more so if I later decided that the #6 nib is too big for me, is it possible to simply replace the nib unit with another?

Thanks for the help!

actually, no.6 nib unit is not that long ...

but these nibs cannot be interchanged as the housing that takes the nib have different dia...

For sizes, you can see that the Model 4 is almost the same size as model 3... uncapped approx 135mm

below are the pics of some Ranga Pen including Model 3 for comparison alongside Lamy Safari

fpn_1518177079__photo_2018-02-09_17-20-1

From top to bottom

1. Ranga Emperor

2. Ranga Model 3

3. Ranga Model 3C

4. Lamy Safari

sorry for out of focus pic

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter