Mega Group Buy 2 - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Model 3, 4, 5, 3C, 4C)

mpkandan

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• sansenri

• abuomar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next month

That's good news - especially if some of the premium ebonite colours are back in stock!!

I always have a problem loading these group buy threads and the Google docs on my iPad though, they keep dropping out. Is there any way you could fix that, please? It makes it very difficult to order!

Thanks in hope!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

NPD!

9XTg2fp.jpg

Loving it so far. The pen's color, shape, weight, and balance are all wonderful, and the ebonite feels lovely in the hand. The nib itself was a bit bowed and will need some work, but for the time being I just swapped in another Bock. Now it writes like a dream; an instant "everyday writer" candidate, for sure.

Thanks for facilitating the Group Buy, @mehandiratta, and please pass along my thanks to Mr. Pandurangan.

I'm getting a pen shipped to me from India to Massachusetts. According to IndiaPost, it was "Insert item into bag (Otb)" on March 5th. Is there a way to track it beyond this point so I can know when it's going to arrive? I tried the consignment/tracking number (RT#########IN) on USPS's site and they couldn't track it.

Edited by Lloyd

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

The nib itself was a bit bowed

Can you explain what you mean? Is it literally arched above the feed?

Oscar Wilde

Can you explain what you mean? Is it literally arched above the feed?

I'm having a similar problem with mine. The nib does not fit the feed snuggly, it's as if the nib and feed were from two different manufacturers, but they both look to be Bock. There's too big a curve, an arch leaving a gap between nib and feed.

Really? Do you have a photo of this? I never thought of bakul with one of the swirl colors.

sorry for replying late

I realized I may have misled you mentioning swirl

I have bakul of the ripples mostly

if you check the Ranga group buy threads you will find several bakul pens, in post #48 in this thread I have posted a photo of some of my Rangas, the model 3C and model 4C are in bakul, olive ripple and red ripple. My Emperor in the Emperor thread is brown ripple.

If by swirl you mean the premium ebonite, no, I do not have that.

I think the premium ebonite looks better in polished, the polished finish is sort of silky in the premium ebonite and I like it like that.

I have mentioned before in one the threads about Ranga pens that in my opinion bakul looks good when the pattern is contrasted (so for example brown-black, red-black, olive-black, etc), while in the ripples where the two colours are lighter (like yellow-pink) I think that bakul reduces the contrast (vs polished) and the final resul looks less interesting.

My opinion nontheless

NPD!

9XTg2fp.jpg

Loving it so far. The pen's color, shape, weight, and balance are all wonderful, and the ebonite feels lovely in the hand. The nib itself was a bit bowed and will need some work, but for the time being I just swapped in another Bock. Now it writes like a dream; an instant "everyday writer" candidate, for sure.

Thanks for facilitating the Group Buy, @mehandiratta, and please pass along my thanks to Mr. Pandurangan.

lovely, I have the model 3 in the same finish polished green mottled and it's one of my favourites! I agree it's in every way a daily writer, particularly for shape, weight and balance.

I'm getting a pen shipped to me from India to Massachusetts. According to IndiaPost, it was "Insert item into bag (Otb)" on March 5th. Is there a way to track it beyond this point so I can know when it's going to arrive? I tried the consignment/tracking number (RT#########IN) on USPS's site and they couldn't track it.

When I ordered the Emporer in November - December it stayed in the “insert item” stage until it arrived on my desk. And at that time it took the full amount of time estimated. But that was over the Christmas shipping season

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

It was likes this for me too until today when the package entered the country and the tracking changed.

I use this site though, maybe it will be good for you too: https://www.17track.net/

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

I'm having a similar problem with mine. The nib does not fit the feed snuggly, it's as if the nib and feed were from two different manufacturers, but they both look to be Bock. There's too big a curve, an arch leaving a gap between nib and feed.

Does yours write okay even with this problem? I have to say, reading about 2 such nib issues here makes me worried. I know I would be displeased if mine arrived with similar nib defects.

Hoping Ranga tightens up their QC for the group buy, Mr. Kandan.

Mine arrived:

fpn_1521040187__ranga1.jpg

fpn_1521040206__ranga2.jpg

Teal, black swirl. 3C, clipless.

Pix are taken in direct sunlight to show color which is far more subdued than I thought it would be. I went for restrained, but it is subtle enough that upon opening I first thought it was black until I got the cellophane off. I like it very much nonetheless. I will, however, join another Group Buy soon to get a more outstanding color.

My first ebonite pen, I like the feel in hand. It is among the largest of my pens.

Jowo Bock nib unit is performing well, although the converter has shown some propensity to vacuum lock. So far am using Pelikan 4001 RB, which has become my baseline ink for new pens.

I am happy with the pen - delighted, in fact. A very good value that I will soon repeat.

Edited by LanceSaintPaul

Jowo nib unit is performing well,

Weren't these all Bock nibs?

Oscar Wilde

Got my group buy as well as a 5A I ordered in addition. Received on 3/13/2018.

post-127480-0-73283300-1521054909_thumb.jpg

post-127480-0-52938400-1521054937_thumb.jpg

Black and clear 5A

post-127480-0-08272300-1521054959_thumb.jpg

Size comparison. Random piston filler sent along with purchase and a Pilot Vanishing Point

post-127480-0-86203200-1521054991_thumb.jpg

Does yours write okay even with this problem? I have to say, reading about 2 such nib issues here makes me worried. I know I would be displeased if mine arrived with similar nib defects.

I myself am worried about the feed issues that have been identified by some users in the past... and have requested Mr. Kandan to specifically look into nib/feeder issues including leakage...

I wasn't too bothered. I cared about getting a beautiful piece of handcrafted ebonite, and my expectations were exceeded. Knowing that I'd be able to quickly, easily, and inexpensively swap out a less-than-perfect stock nib for a better one was the whole point of buying a Ranga with a Bock housing.