Newton Pens Give Away

watch_art

I'm having a give away over at Instagram. If you're on IG head on over and repost the photo and text and you could win this-

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeY9K4AFclR

It's my old style faceted Quapaw with urushi by Brooks and an ebonite feed from Flexible Nib Factory.

Pen will come with a steel nib unless you want to upgrade to gold.

Thanks!

quapaw-heki-tamenuri-urushi-7.jpg?resize

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• Lloyd

• LanceSaintPaul

• stuckinohio

Shawn, that is an absolutely gorgeous pen! Not gorgeous enough to make me sign up for Instagram (or Facebook, or Twitter, or... Nothing’s _that_ gorgeous!), but it makes a strong case.

Shawn, that is an absolutely gorgeous pen! Not gorgeous enough to make me sign up for Instagram (or Facebook, or Twitter, or... Nothing’s _that_ gorgeous!), but it makes a strong case.

Ditto here about signing onto Instagram or Twitter (I am on FB). So, being a happy purchaser of a Prospector, I'll just cut to the chase and ask whether I can just buy this one from your website?

This one isn't for sale. I had made it for myself a while back, and traded a pen to Brooks so he'd do the urushi for me. I was thinking of something to do to generate a little buzz and thought giving this one away might do that. :)

+1

Stunning pen!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

It makes it easier on me to have everything under one roof. It's also the easiest way to get loads of eyeballs on the give away and to pick a winner in the end.

Well Done Shawn!

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

I tried to play. I have an account not used much. Managed to get the app installed on my phone. Followed. Copy, I think. Hash... sheesh, I can't figure it out. LOL. I gave up.

Gorgeous pen! Good luck with the buzz-building.

(Shocking number of ads on the instagram app. Maybe that's why I deleted it, rather than a lack of space on the previous phone.)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Hi Shawn,

This is a wonderful giveaway! You are very kind and generous.

Unfortunately it seems that many of us, perhaps of an older generation, are not members of social media. I confess I do have a Facebook account, but I have avoided Instagram and Twitter because, in all truthfulness, I don't have time. If I took the time for them, I would not be able to participate on my one and only forum - FPN. So, please do not feel slighted if we all don't jump on this giveaway.

If I might speak for us all - we do appreciate your giveaway and appreciate giving us the opportunity to participate.

The various best of luck to you!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Hi Shawn,

This is a wonderful giveaway! You are very kind and generous.

Unfortunately it seems that many of us, perhaps of an older generation, are not members of social media. I confess I do have a Facebook account, but I have avoided Instagram and Twitter because, in all truthfulness, I don't have time. If I took the time for them, I would not be able to participate on my one and only forum - FPN. So, please do not feel slighted if we all don't jump on this giveaway.

If I might speak for us all - we do appreciate your giveaway and appreciate giving us the opportunity to participate.

The various best of luck to you!

(no hashtag) Me, too.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Well, this made me sign up for instagram. Now if I could only figure out how to do whatever it is I need to do I'll have a chance!

Shawn--your generosity is much appreciated. This is a particularly fascinating pen--unusual design plus urushi!I see many have commented about not using social media and missing out. We all should be making informed choices that we believe meet our needs. I stay away from Facebook, for example, so I do miss out on quite a few things. Instagram happens to be the one network in which I do participate, so this time I benefit from this opportunity. BTW: the pen would look terrific in the pen wrap I just bought from Elizabeth 😄

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a survey asking people on this site if they use social media (or if it uses them).

I suspect the minority use it.

I tried Facebook, but it confirmed the old saying - Empty vessels make most sound.

Social media is fine depending on how you use and control it. I block people every day, and unfollow every body except for people I know in person, and a few others. It's not annoying at all to be on facebook since I have most of it blocked out. Same thing for Instagram and Twitter. I don't engage with negative or aggressive individuals/accounts - I block them. I treat social media just like I treat real life - I don't engage with those I don't wish to engage with.

Social media is fine depending on how you use and control it. I block people every day, and unfollow every body except for people I know in person, and a few others. It's not annoying at all to be on facebook since I have most of it blocked out. Same thing for Instagram and Twitter. I don't engage with negative or aggressive individuals/accounts - I block them. I treat social media just like I treat real life - I don't engage with those I don't wish to engage with.

For some of us, Social media is an added layer of unnecessary distraction in an already too overloaded world. To get a discount, I joined FB under an alias to prevent anyone I know trying to contact me there. I'd rather interact with those I care about via face-to-face, voicephone, skype, email, IM, or written. I'm on LinkedIn only due to it being a modern era necessity...I hate it.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde