The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Newton Pens Give Away

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2018 - 15:29

I'm having a give away over at Instagram.  If you're on IG head on over and repost the photo and text and you could win this-

https://www.instagra...m/p/BeY9K4AFclR

It's my old style faceted Quapaw with urushi by Brooks and an ebonite feed from Flexible Nib Factory.

Pen will come with a steel nib unless you want to upgrade to gold.

Thanks!

quapaw-heki-tamenuri-urushi-7.jpg?resize

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

Sponsored Content

#2 keo

keo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:40

Shawn, that is an absolutely gorgeous pen! Not gorgeous enough to make me sign up for Instagram (or Facebook, or Twitter, or... Nothing’s _that_ gorgeous!), but it makes a strong case.

#3 abstract49

abstract49

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 22:54

Shawn, that is an absolutely gorgeous pen! Not gorgeous enough to make me sign up for Instagram (or Facebook, or Twitter, or... Nothing’s _that_ gorgeous!), but it makes a strong case.

Ditto here about signing onto Instagram or Twitter (I am on FB). So, being a happy purchaser of a Prospector, I'll just cut to the chase and ask whether I can just buy this one from your website?

#4 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 23:30

This one isn't for sale.  I had made it for myself a while back, and traded a pen to Brooks so he'd do the urushi for me.  I was thinking of something to do to generate a little buzz and thought giving this one away might do that.  :)

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#5 DrPenfection

DrPenfection

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:10

+1

Stunning pen!

Best always,

Deborah (aka DrPenfection)

#6 theLorekeeper

theLorekeeper

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 18:09

Beautiful pen. Pity that so many give-aways/raffles require participation through social networking sites though.

#7 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2018 - 18:55

It makes it easier on me to have everything under one roof.  It's also the easiest way to get loads of eyeballs on the give away and to pick a winner in the end.

#8 Frank_Federalist_Pens

Frank_Federalist_Pens

"Federalist Frank".....(Was "FrankieX" here)

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 1,705 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 23:33

Well Done Shawn!

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

Federalist Pens and Paper  (Online Pen Store)

facelogo.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

#9 AmandaW

AmandaW

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 00:10

I tried to play. I have an account not used much. Managed to get the app installed on my phone. Followed. Copy, I think. Hash... sheesh, I can't figure it out. LOL. I gave up.

Gorgeous pen! Good luck with the buzz-building.

(Shocking number of ads on the instagram app. Maybe that's why I deleted it, rather than a lack of space on the previous phone.)

It's all about the greys...

#10 DrPenfection

DrPenfection

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,864 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 17:25

Hi Shawn,

This is a wonderful giveaway!  You are very kind and generous. 

Unfortunately it seems that many of us, perhaps of an older generation, are not members of social media.  I confess I do have a Facebook account, but I have avoided Instagram and Twitter because, in all truthfulness, I don't have time.  If I took the time for them, I would not be able to participate on my one and only forum - FPN.  So, please do not feel slighted if we all don't jump on this giveaway. 

If I might speak for us all - we do appreciate your giveaway and appreciate giving us the opportunity to participate. 

The various best of luck to you! 

Best always,

Deborah (aka DrPenfection)

#11 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 18:21

Hi Shawn,

This is a wonderful giveaway!  You are very kind and generous. 

Unfortunately it seems that many of us, perhaps of an older generation, are not members of social media.  I confess I do have a Facebook account, but I have avoided Instagram and Twitter because, in all truthfulness, I don't have time.  If I took the time for them, I would not be able to participate on my one and only forum - FPN.  So, please do not feel slighted if we all don't jump on this giveaway. 

If I might speak for us all - we do appreciate your giveaway and appreciate giving us the opportunity to participate. 

The various best of luck to you! 

(no hashtag) Me, too.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#12 stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:33

• Well, this made me sign up for instagram. Now if I could only figure out how to do whatever it is I need to do I'll have a chance!

#13 Smithman

Smithman

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:14

Shawn--your generosity is much appreciated. This is a particularly fascinating pen--unusual design plus urushi!I see many have commented about not using social media and missing out. We all should be making informed choices that we believe meet our needs. I stay away from Facebook, for example, so I do miss out on quite a few things. Instagram happens to be the one network in which I do participate, so this time I benefit from this opportunity. BTW: the pen would look terrific in the pen wrap I just bought from Elizabeth 😄

#14 stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 00:19

OK. I think I successfully re-posted it!

#15 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 16:40

Awesome.  :)

#16 Ink_Chick

Ink_Chick

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 14:39

Lovely! ❤️ heading over to IG now...

#17 KKay

KKay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:35

I don't do social media either.  It is a beautiful pen though!

#18 Ebberman

Ebberman

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2018 - 16:47

I would love to see a survey asking people on this site if they use social media (or if it uses them).

I suspect the minority use it.

I tried Facebook, but it confirmed the old saying - Empty vessels make most sound.

#19 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2018 - 17:27

Social media is fine depending on how you use and control it.  I block people every day, and unfollow every body except for people I know in person, and a few others.  It's not annoying at all to be on facebook since I have most of it blocked out.  Same thing for Instagram and Twitter.  I don't engage with negative or aggressive individuals/accounts - I block them.  I treat social media just like I treat real life - I don't engage with those I don't wish to engage with.  

#20 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 17:40

Social media is fine depending on how you use and control it.  I block people every day, and unfollow every body except for people I know in person, and a few others.  It's not annoying at all to be on facebook since I have most of it blocked out.  Same thing for Instagram and Twitter.  I don't engage with negative or aggressive individuals/accounts - I block them.  I treat social media just like I treat real life - I don't engage with those I don't wish to engage with.  

For some of us, Social media is an added layer of unnecessary distraction in an already too overloaded world.  To get a discount, I joined FB under an alias to prevent anyone I know trying to contact me there.  I'd rather interact with those I care about via face-to-face, voicephone, skype, email, IM, or written.  I'm on LinkedIn only due to it being a modern era necessity...I hate it.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

Sponsored Content

|