Is this the proper nib?

PAKMAN

I just picked up a sweet Lapis Blue Personal Point 1930 WAHL-EVERSHARP on the Bay. Can any one tell me if this is a proper nib for this pen. Looks like a Skyline nib.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• Wahlnut

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up a sweet Lapis Blue Personal Point 1930 WAHL-EVERSHARP on the Bay. Can any one tell me if this is a proper nib for this pen. Looks like a Skyline nib.

No, sorry to say that is not the correct nib for that pen.

The pen is a Gold Seal pen from 1928,9,30 1/2 and if the gold seal is not drilled with a tiny hole, the correct nib would be a Gold Seal nib. The nib would also be mounted into a personal point screw-in collar that you could remove by unscrewing it (carefully or you will break the feed).

If the gold seal IS drilled the personal point section assembly would not have been there (unless a repair person after-market had installed a personal point section). In that case the correct nib would be a Warranted #5 nib in a conventional friction press in nib and feed.

Many people do, however, like to put the Gold Seal nib, and personal point section on the "drilled" pens, but the above information I am pretty sure is acccurate history-wise.

The nib that your photo shows is from the late '30s earliest '40s from the end of the Doric era into the early Skyline era and was probably installed long after the Gold Seal nibs became hard to find.

You can find Gold Seal nibs today if that is what the pen requires.

Syd the Wahlnut.

Edited by Wahlnut

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

Syd,

That is what I was thinking it looks a lot like my Skyline nib. I don't know what feed is in this pen, guess I'll have to wait and see it when it arrives. Do per chance know where I could come up with a Gold Seal nib and possible correct feed for this pen? I think I know were I can get a Warranted #5 nib if that turns out to be the case. I can't tell from the pictures if the seal was drilled or not. Guess I'll have to patiently :unsure: wait till it gets here.

Thanks,

Perry

Edited by pakmanpony

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!