Simply, Hello!

MiraB

Hello everyone!

I'm Caterina, I live in Italy and I am as you can imagine a... Fountain Pen Lover!

I am really proud to be a member of this rinomate Forum where I hope to expand my knowledge on fountain pens world!

I'm not fussy about pens, but it's not that I like them all. In my opinion, a good pen must, first of all, write well and then be original! So I'm often selective and it takes me a while to choose a new fountain pen.

I really like the Pelikan, like design and writing experience ... fantastic nibs! But in Italy, fortunately we can boast prestigious production companies like Aurora, Montegrappa, Delta... just to name a few. So I really appreciate Italian style! I have a passion for vintage fountain pens but for now still none! ( yeah, that's strange...).

I also like Calligraphy and all its nuances, I delight sometimes with dip pen and ink ... I still have a lot to learn!

Besides the Fountain Pens (this beautiful sport) I have some other hobbies, including Music: I'm a pianist. But since, here we talk about fountain pens ... I'll stop right away!

And that's all ... I apologize for my English that I hope is grammatically correct. I have a good knowledge of English but I live in Italy and obviously, I don't have the opportunity to practice it often. Last summer I've been a month in Ireland ( wonderful Land!) to improve it ... I know, it's not much, but better than nothing!

Caterina (MiraB)

Edited by MiraB

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MiraB

• PAKMAN

• Sasha Royale

• Christopher Godfrey

Welcome aboard, Caterina, from Charleston, South Carolina. If you are a newbie, you might look at the Reference Pages on a website called Richard's Pens: it has a wealth of info about the basics of fountain pens, their use and care, and it will help you avoid making some mistakes. A couple of other websites with useful information for newbies include PenChalet, Jetpens and the Goulet Pen Company. Goulet has made quite a few videos available on their website and on YouTube, which are helpful with some procedures related to FP use. There is a series of posts here, called A Newbies Guide to Inks, which is worth reviewing (you’ll find it as the first pinned topic under the Inky Thoughts Subforum). Bear in mind that how your writing appears on the page is a complex interplay of pen, paper, nib, ink, and handwriting, so be patient as you experiment with these variables. Enjoy, and good luck.

Mike

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and welcome from Melbourne, Australia

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts - Winston Churchill

Hello Caterina, and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

My wife and I spent August and September 2017 in Italy (our favourite holiday destination). Milan, Como, Verona, Venice, Florence and Rome, and then on to Paris and London.

I bought two pens on this trip; a beautiful Aurora "Papa Beato" limited edition, from E.E. Ercolessi in Milan, and a Pelikan M1000 from Marco, the owner of Novelli Pens in Rome.

I forgot her name now, but in Como I met the lovely lady, 89 years old, who owns the Mont Blanc shop in the Old Town. She's still full of passion for pens and writing equipment.

Sad news was that Delta was in financial difficulty and was closing down.

Enjoy your time here and write with joy!

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome, Caterina! You'll find <lots> of advice here on FPN, when you need it, and there is a very busy sub-forum for Pelikans and also plenty of interest in vintage pens (Italian). Regular offerings (usually vintage) appear in the "classifieds" section from Letizia Iacopini, who lives in the Maremma of la bella Toscana. She is an authority on the vintage pens of Italy and has written textbooks on the subject.

It is a huge website; but you will get used to it and, when you explore, you will soon find the areas that interest you most. I also love Pelikan and vintage Italians. Henricum_Tropen (van Zuid Afrika: goue more, meneer!) was right about Delta; but he forgot the demise of Omas, too -- <two> major deaths in our world within a year! Such a shame.

Enjoy FPN! It does become addictive, I have found... :)

Welcome aboard, Caterina, from Charleston, South Carolina. If you are a newbie, you might look at the Reference Pages on a website called Richard's Pens: it has a wealth of info about the basics of fountain pens, their use and care, and it will help you avoid making some mistakes. A couple of other websites with useful information for newbies include PenChalet, Jetpens and the Goulet Pen Company. Goulet has made quite a few videos available on their website and on YouTube, which are helpful with some procedures related to FP use. There is a series of posts here, called A Newbies Guide to Inks, which is worth reviewing (you’ll find it as the first pinned topic under the Inky Thoughts Subforum). Bear in mind that how your writing appears on the page is a complex interplay of pen, paper, nib, ink, and handwriting, so be patient as you experiment with these variables. Enjoy, and good luck.

Mike

Hello and welcome from Baton Rouge, Louisiana...Enjoy your time here

Hello from beautiful sunny Sicily

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

Hello and welcome to FPN. :W2FPN:

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Hello from Missouri, U.S.A.!

Hello and welcome from Melbourne, Australia

Greetings and welcome to FPN.

Hello Caterina, and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

My wife and I spent August and September 2017 in Italy (our favourite holiday destination). Milan, Como, Verona, Venice, Florence and Rome, and then on to Paris and London.

I bought two pens on this trip; a beautiful Aurora "Papa Beato" limited edition, from E.E. Ercolessi in Milan, and a Pelikan M1000 from Marco, the owner of Novelli Pens in Rome.

I forgot her name now, but in Como I met the lovely lady, 89 years old, who owns the Mont Blanc shop in the Old Town. She's still full of passion for pens and writing equipment.

Sad news was that Delta was in financial difficulty and was closing down.

Enjoy your time here and write with joy!

Benvenuta, Caterina

:W2FPN:

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

Welcome, Caterina! You'll find <lots> of advice here on FPN, when you need it, and there is a very busy sub-forum for Pelikans and also plenty of interest in vintage pens (Italian). Regular offerings (usually vintage) appear in the "classifieds" section from Letizia Iacopini, who lives in the Maremma of la bella Toscana. She is an authority on the vintage pens of Italy and has written textbooks on the subject.

It is a huge website; but you will get used to it and, when you explore, you will soon find the areas that interest you most. I also love Pelikan and vintage Italians. Henricum_Tropen (van Zuid Afrika: goue more, meneer!) was right about Delta; but he forgot the demise of Omas, too -- <two> major deaths in our world within a year! Such a shame.

Enjoy FPN! It does become addictive, I have found... :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Welcome, Caterina !

I hope you find what you like.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !