The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Modern Duofold Compatibility

parker duofold cap pen body size compatibility

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Babangita

Babangita

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2018 - 16:44

Dear distinguished gentlemen, any help on this topic would be highly appreciated. 

I am deeply and profoundly in love with the modern Duofold, Centennials early MK1 models form the '80.

Somehow, I never got especially attached to the later modern versions of the Duofold despite minimal design differences.  

I am referring to the ones with the slightly curved cap finial, and somewhat shorter finial on the barrel.

From the information I gathered on the net, both girth and length of the two versions seem to be the same. But is it exactly so? 

In other words, are the bodies and caps on these two versions identical in size, compatible and interchangeable?   

Perhaps somebody even has both versions of the Centennial line and may verify this empirically?

Finally, I would want to kindly ask you for understanding and offer my excuses in advance if the topic has been discussed already.

I may have used the wrong terms in my search and missed it...

Thanks in advance!

Current modern daily users: Aurora 88 modern; GvFC Classic, Montegrappa Reminiscence, Nettuno Superba, Omas AM87 orange, S.T.Dupont D-Line black lacquer, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Iride + a few good Japanese pens as the PG and the 3776.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

Sponsored Content

#2 joss

joss

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2018 - 16:58

In other words, are the bodies and caps on these two versions identical in size, compatible and interchangeable?   

No, the Centennial is more expensive so it is logically bigger and wider.

These are some empirically evidenced dimensions (total length of pen / diameter of cap near open end / diameter of barrel):

- International: 13.0-13.2 cm / 1.40 cm / 1.15 cm

- Centennial: 13.7-14.0 cm / 1.50 cm / 1.30 cm

#3 joss

joss

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 907 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2018 - 17:00

I possibly misunderstood your question: do you want to know whether the early and late Centennial is identical in dimension?

#4 Babangita

Babangita

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2018 - 17:14

I possibly misunderstood your question: do you want to know whether the early and late Centennial is identical in dimension?

EXACTLY, thanks a lot.

I am hoping to verify if there's any difference between the early Centennials from the '80 and the later Centennials produced from the '90 onward. Hope you can help with this...

Edited by Babangita, 25 January 2018 - 17:16.

Current modern daily users: Aurora 88 modern; GvFC Classic, Montegrappa Reminiscence, Nettuno Superba, Omas AM87 orange, S.T.Dupont D-Line black lacquer, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Iride + a few good Japanese pens as the PG and the 3776.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

#5 joss

joss

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 907 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2018 - 17:23

EXACTLY, thanks a lot.

I am hoping to verify if there's any difference between the early Centennials from the '80 and the later Centennials produced from the '90 onward. Hope you can help with this...

Ok, I have two of each and according to my database (I do not have the pens at hand) these are the dimensions:

Mk I Centennial: 13.7 / 1.5 / 1.3 cm

Mk I Centennial: 14.0 / 1.5 / 1.3 cm

Mk II Centennial: 13.7 / 1.5 / 1.3 cm

Mk II Centennial: 13.8 / 1.5 / 1.3 cm

So there are only slight differences in the total length of the pens while cap and barrel diameters appear to be identical.

#6 Babangita

Babangita

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:58

Thank you, I appreciate your help very very much!   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, duofold, cap, pen body, size, compatibility

Sponsored Content

|