The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Some New Handmade Pens And I Think I'm Addicted To Blue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2018 - 23:39

I got pretty inspired this week.  I got 2 pens made.  That's a lot for me, since I have a day job.  Here is what my 7 hours in the shop yielded.  Both pens are alumilite and are similar in size at 5 3/4" long capped.  Neither pen posts and both are about 5 3/8" long uncapped.   The sections  on both pens are about 13 mm at the widest.  I picked both blanks out because they are blue.  I made the blue pen first and by the time I started the second one I was getting tired of blue so I made a fun red cap for it.  This did quite a bit to get rid of all the blues in the blank.  Both of these were really fun to make and are now available at www.jandjwooddesigns.net.  If you do take a liking to either pen, but would like a different color cap finial or section, I would be happy to custom make one at no additional charge. I only mention this because I as I was making both pens I was torn between adding some more flat color or just using the crazy alumilite blank and that's it.  Also, all my pens come with a bottle of Noodlers Omaha Brown.  If this isn't to your liking I would be happy to substitute it for any other Noodlers color.  I try and keep a couple of everything in stock. I just use the Omaha Brown because it is the color that Nathan developed for me here in Nebraska.... so I'm the only place you can get it.   I would love to hear what everyone thinks.  Thanks for looking.

Attached Images

• IMG_0018.JPG
  • IMG_0020.JPG
  • IMG_0015.JPG
  • IMG_0017.JPG

Let me make you a deal on ink!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.com

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2018 - 21:09

lovely! that second one in particular.

I really need to get a vice chuck and a jacobs chuck for my tailstock on my JET mini pen lathe, I desperately want to start making pens again.

I'm really interested in making a japanese style eyedropper.

How do you make the caps with the hidden clips? just thread a sectioned part of the cap, and then recess the actual cap a touch?

Edited by Honeybadgers, 18 February 2018 - 21:10.

#3 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2018 - 21:20

That first pen is stunning.

Sponsored Content

|