I got pretty inspired this week. I got 2 pens made. That's a lot for me, since I have a day job. Here is what my 7 hours in the shop yielded. Both pens are alumilite and are similar in size at 5 3/4" long capped. Neither pen posts and both are about 5 3/8" long uncapped. The sections on both pens are about 13 mm at the widest. I picked both blanks out because they are blue. I made the blue pen first and by the time I started the second one I was getting tired of blue so I made a fun red cap for it. This did quite a bit to get rid of all the blues in the blank. Both of these were really fun to make and are now available at www.jandjwooddesigns.net. If you do take a liking to either pen, but would like a different color cap finial or section, I would be happy to custom make one at no additional charge. I only mention this because I as I was making both pens I was torn between adding some more flat color or just using the crazy alumilite blank and that's it. Also, all my pens come with a bottle of Noodlers Omaha Brown. If this isn't to your liking I would be happy to substitute it for any other Noodlers color. I try and keep a couple of everything in stock. I just use the Omaha Brown because it is the color that Nathan developed for me here in Nebraska.... so I'm the only place you can get it. I would love to hear what everyone thinks. Thanks for looking.
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Some New Handmade Pens And I Think I'm Addicted To Blue
Posted 18 February 2018 - 21:09
lovely! that second one in particular.
I really need to get a vice chuck and a jacobs chuck for my tailstock on my JET mini pen lathe, I desperately want to start making pens again.
I'm really interested in making a japanese style eyedropper.
How do you make the caps with the hidden clips? just thread a sectioned part of the cap, and then recess the actual cap a touch?
Edited by Honeybadgers, 18 February 2018 - 21:10.