FPN appearing slow
Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
My First Mabie Todd Swan - C. 1912 Eyedropper
Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:19
Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:23
Welcome to Mabie Todd: the aristocrat of fountain pens.
That's a very nice example, with excellent colour and of course the gold bands mark it out a a model de luxe. After over 100 years of use imprints are likely to be very faint, but there should be a model number stamped on it somewhere. It could be a 1500 but my guess is a 200. Do let us know.
One clue to its age is the maker's name stamped in the pen. If it reads "Mabie, Todd & Co Ltd" then it is post 1915, the time when the English Company was incorporated. Otherwise, earlier pens were stamped "Mabie Todd & Co, and if pre-1908 "Mabie, Todd & Bard."
The nib would be from Mabie Todd & Co, New York. There were no English Mabie Todd nibs until around 1922.
Edited by Cob, 21 January 2018 - 08:27.
Posted 22 January 2018 - 15:41
Thanks for the additional photos.
The fact the the maker's name is Mabie, Todd & Co Ltd tells me that your pen is 1915 or a little later. The Articles of Association for Mabie, Todd & Co Ltd, were drawn up on 31st December 1914.
It really is a very nice example.