Ticking Clocks And Fountain Pens

souzakh

Greetings from San Francisco, only a few blocks from the ocean and edge of the continental United States. I have been searching for the right implement to control my shaky handwriting for years and had mostly settled on pencils as my best choice. Then several months ago I purchased an inexpensive Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen and everything changed. I am embarrassed I had not discovered the FP before now.

Sitting in my study with the sound of a wind-up clock ticking over my shoulder and the feel of my pen moving across velum writing paper has become one of the most profound feelings of calm I know in what is my hectic career driven world.

I am writing on this forum today because I am so overwhelmed with what I need to learn about fountain pens. This network seemed like the place to start but yet I feel like I am diving into an ocean.

SouzaKH

Edited by souzakh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• PAKMAN

• jar

• Joban

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Think cioppino; fountain pens are like that, a little of this, a little of that, always good, no two bowls are ever the same.

My Website

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Sitting in my study with the sound of a wind-up clock ticking over my shoulder and the feel of my pen moving across velum writing paper has become one of the most profound feelings of calm I know in what is my hectic career driven world.

I like that too

fpn_1495358437__yard_o_led_and_tissot_po

A warm welcome to the FPN.

Edited by max dog

Hello and welcome from Melbourne Australia

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts - Winston Churchill

Welcome to the obsession. Remember, you can wade in the ocean before you take a deep dive.

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

Welcome aboard, SouzaKH, from Charleston, SC. As you are a newbie, you might look at the Reference Pages on a website called Richard's Pens: it has a wealth of info about the basics of fountain pens, their use and care, and it will help you avoid making some mistakes. A couple of other websites with useful information for newbies include PenChalet, Jetpens and the Goulet Pen Company. Goulet has made quite a few videos available on their website and on YouTube, which are helpful with some procedures related to FP use. There is a series of posts here, called A Newbies Guide to Inks, which is worth reviewing (you’ll find it as the first pinned topic under the Inky Thoughts Subforum). Bear in mind that how your writing appears on the page is a complex interplay of pen, paper, nib, ink, and handwriting, so be patient as you experiment with these variables. Enjoy, and good luck.

Mike

Hello and welcome to the rabbit hole. You'll find, however, the fountain pen hobby and FPN to be a cozy burrow of inky & friendly goodness.

Few things in life are as comforting as a ticking clock, particularly if you're blessed to have a clock (and fountain pen) passed down or otherwise brimming with sentimental value.

:W2FPN:

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Welcome !

Dive on in ! The water is warm. The people are generous.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome. Lots of great information here.

Cheers,

Ozzy

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

Greetings from San Francisco, only a few blocks from the ocean and edge of the continental United States. I have been searching for the right implement to control my shaky handwriting for years and had mostly settled on pencils as my best choice. Then several months ago I purchased an inexpensive Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen and everything changed. I am embarrassed I had not discovered the FP before now.

I am writing on this forum today because I am so overwhelmed with what I need to learn about fountain pens. This network seemed like the place to start but yet I feel like I am diving into an ocean.

SouzaKH

Welcome to the best days of your life,the members here are all family,ready to help you ,all you have to do is ask and tell them what your problem is and they will tell you or point you in the right direction Trust Me, Oneill. write to me anytime soon

• 2 months later...

I am writing on this forum today because I am so overwhelmed with what I need to learn about fountain pens.

This network seemed like the place to start but yet I feel like I am diving into an ocean.Welcome Souzakh I am sure you will get all the help you will ever need on these pages,I am sure

sure you will get all the help you could possibly get for FREE on these pages. Trust Me Oneill

SouzaKH

Edited by oneill