The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Cross Peerless - Converting Rollerball Into A Fountain Pen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A1979

A1979

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 13:44

Ive recently discovered (thanks to Mora Stylos) that it is possible to convert a Cross Peerless Rollerball into a fountain pen - of course, you need to buy the nib unit separately (nibs.com offers the whole range. One nib unit costs 180 USD). It seems to me an interesting option, for example because I really like the Peerless Fonderie 47 model, which isnt available as a fountain pen.

Were you aware of this?

Edited by A1979, 20 January 2018 - 13:44.

Sponsored Content

#2 RocketRyan

RocketRyan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 20:16

I wasn't, but this indeed an interesting idea. Thanks.

#3 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 23:32

Actually, it is possible to convert quite a few rollerball pens into fountain pens. In some cases, not totally easy and I suppose in specific cases not possible.

#4 A1979

A1979

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:05

Actually, it is possible to convert quite a few rollerball pens into fountain pens. In some cases, not totally easy and I suppose in specific cases not possible.

Correct. I was indeed surprised - I did not know that the Peerless nib units can purchased separately.

#5 A1979

A1979

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2018 - 16:25

So, I have finally pulled the trigger and ordered today the AK47 Peerless Rollerball with a Fine nib unit (gold, in order to match with the color of the clip). Many thanks for the various comments on my previous topic (“Fine or Extra Fine nib?”). They were really helpful!

#6 A1979

A1979

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:51

So, I have received the pen... and the Sailor Fine nib is simply gorgeous! Incredibly smooth. I also enjoy the Porous Point medium refill, when I use the pen in the not-fountain-pen mode. Sadly I cannot post a picture (this upload failed). Im very happy with this purchase and - by the way - I also highly recommend the Hamilton pen Company. Great service and great prices.

Edited by A1979, 10 February 2018 - 10:52.

Sponsored Content

|