The 2018 Chicago International Pen Show! May 3-6

Roger W.

Time to book your room for Chicago! The reservation link is on the Chicago Pen Show website. The show this year is May 3-6. Kanilea Pens is new to the show this year. Edison Pen is back, John Mottishaw will be out with Nakaya pens amongst others. Franklin Christoph will be there in force. Anderson Pens will have a whole row of tables to serve people. Pen repairs will be available from Main Street Pens (Ron Zorn), Indy-Pen-Dance (Mike and Linda Kennedy), Martin Ferguson, Sherrell Tyree, Joel Hamilton and Dan Smith. Vanness Pens with a lot of ink. Nathaniel Cerf of the Pen Market. Shawn Newton of Newton Pens right as you enter the show. Ryan Krusac with his hand crafted pens. Nicola Pang will no doubt be doing some impressive calligraphy. This is a short list of some of the vendors that will be in attendance. This year we are lucky also to have David Oscarson as a sponsor for the first time! We will put out a complete list as the show approaches. Find us at chicagopenshow.com.

Roger E. Wooten

rwootencpa@gmail.com

Business Manager

Chicago Pen Show

Edited by Roger W.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger W.

• TheRealMikeDr

• Moose

• pen lady

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the site is up now, but some of the links are still a little buggy.

Overall, I'm excited. Hoping to make this my first pen show after over a decade of fine pens in my life.

Well for you, if you wrestle on, for in persistency lies victory, and with the morning may come the wished-for blessing. But not always; there is a struggle with defeat which some of you will have to bear, and it will be well for you if you have cultivated a cheerful equanimity. Remember, too, that sometimes 'from our desolation only does the better life begin.' Even with disaster ahead, it is better to face them with a smile, and with the head erect, than to crouch at their approach. And, if the fight is for principle and justice, even when failure seems certain, where many have failed before, cling to your ideal, and, like Childe Roland before the dark tower, set the slug-horn to your lips, blow the challenge, and calmly await the conflict.

--"Aequanimitas" William Osler

Valedictory Address, University of Pennsylvania, May 1, 1889

Aye - turns out you need to enter the URL sans the www part.

http://www.chicagopenshow.com/ - No good!

http://chicagopenshow.com/index.html - Good!

I hope to be there as well - still working out if I want to go to DC or Chicago this year. I'll Likely give Chicago a try!

Edited by TheRealMikeDr

See chicagopenshow.com works for me. I'll have my computer guy poke it. Anyway, do try out Chicago as we are trying to have a show that we'd like to go to.

Roger W.

• 1 month later...

Nope! I tried to register today and I'm still getting that Support Services page too. I tried typing in both variants too - no luck.

For registrations we are updating the brochure for you to fill out and it should be there Monday. Otherwise drop me a line and I'll send it to you.

chicagopenshow@gmail.com

Thanks,

Roger