The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

My Journey To Get The Perfect Notebook (Spoiler: I Made My Own)

book binding notebook case binding handmade

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:27

That sounds very nice. If you want, I can send you back a small sample of Tomoe River paper.

And, to be very honest with you, I am mostly interested in paper produced in Brazil - if, that is, it's fountain pen friendly, and lightweight.

But I did like your notebook.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Sponsored Content

#22 matheusmota

matheusmota

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2018 - 23:45

That sounds very nice. If you want, I can send you back a small sample of Tomoe River paper.

And, to be very honest with you, I am mostly interested in paper produced in Brazil - if, that is, it's fountain pen friendly, and lightweight.

But I did like your notebook.

You could try and buy the pads from this link and see if they ship it to you. 

Writing is a physical way to engage with your thoughts.

#23 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 3,665 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 00:37

Although Papiamento does have a relationship with Portuguese, it's more of an ancestral one... so I am not too sure what exactly I'd be buying, if I tried. Your link sends me to a Tracing Pad - isn't that transparent paper? I can get that locally, though not from Brazil, and I have played with it, but it's not really what I'd be looking for... which would be 70 gsm writing paper that's fountain pen friendly.

Could you clarify a little?

Thanks in advance! and of course, thanks for the link. If the paper is what I'm looking for I'd take the next step and see if they'd be willing to ship me some pads...

#24 matheusmota

matheusmota

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:44

Although Papiamento does have a relationship with Portuguese, it's more of an ancestral one... so I am not too sure what exactly I'd be buying, if I tried. Your link sends me to a Tracing Pad - isn't that transparent paper? I can get that locally, though not from Brazil, and I have played with it, but it's not really what I'd be looking for... which would be 70 gsm writing paper that's fountain pen friendly.

Could you clarify a little?

Thanks in advance! and of course, thanks for the link. If the paper is what I'm looking for I'd take the next step and see if they'd be willing to ship me some pads...

The paper in the link is the one I used for the notebook. It is called tracing paper but it isn't transparent. I don't know why it is called that, it is thin but not transparent. Each of the products on the page are just different size pads A4, A3, A2 and so on.

#25 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 3,665 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:04

Thanks for clearing that up. I will try and order a few and see what develops.

I am unable to buy from them. They want me to register but I cannot enter a valid CPF, whatever that is.

So that fizzled out pretty quickly. Well it was a nice try...

#26 matheusmota

matheusmota

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 18:30

Thanks for clearing that up. I will try and order a few and see what develops.

I am unable to buy from them. They want me to register but I cannot enter a valid CPF, whatever that is.

So that fizzled out pretty quickly. Well it was a nice try...

You could try sending an e-mail to their contact (it will be named contato) and see what they can do for you. This paper is exclusive to them so it is worth a try.

#27 craftEcowgirl

craftEcowgirl

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2018 - 17:28

Can I get one made with tomoe paper and A6 size :) nice work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: book binding, notebook, case binding, handmade

Sponsored Content

|