Vintage Eyedropper Conversion Question

AberHulk

I am still new to fountain pens and this is my first vintage pen. I am wondering if this pen can be used as an eyedropper safely or not.

post-139130-0-78766700-1516218875_thumb.jpg

post-139130-0-31301100-1516218894_thumb.jpg

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”

Frank Herbert, Dune

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AberHulk

• crescentfiller

• mitto

• Vintagepens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think so. What compels you to use it as an eye dropper?

First is I don't have any cartridges and I am not a big fan of sheaffer ink.

C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”

Frank Herbert, Dune

OP, Many people, myself included, refill cartridges (with a syringe) with bottled ink of their choice. It is much more economically sound, as well as environmentally friendly. Sheaffer cartridges will last quite a long time this way!

OP, Many people, myself included, refill cartridges (with a syringe) with bottled ink of their choice. It is much more economically sound, as well as environmentally friendly. Sheaffer cartridges will last quite a long time this way!

Thank you. My plan was to do that. Do you think that it would damage the pen if I eyedropper the pen while I wait to get the carts?

C.S. Lewis

Frank Herbert, Dune

Thank you. My plan was to do that. Do you think that it would damage the pen if I eyedropper the pen while I wait to get the carts?

I'm not sure how much it would hurt it, but it certainly won't help it.

If it were mine, I'd wait for the cartridge. I'm guessing you have another pen you can use for the time being, no?

Unsuitable for conversion, as the threads are multistart and shallow -- not good for sealing or security.

Thank you! That is what I was looking for. Thank you

C.S. Lewis

Frank Herbert, Dune

Got a cartridge and she is a writing

C.S. Lewis

Frank Herbert, Dune