The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 17:15

Looks great. (I thought I had it, but turns out I don't. I may need to grab a bottle.  :) )

I'm glad I dug out my half bottle and decided to ink up a pen.  :thumbup:

Sponsored Content

#22 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:02

Great review, thanks. I quite like the way this one looks, and the fact that it is somewhat water resistant. Might be a good choice for my EDC pen that I carry to work.

#23 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:52

Great review, thanks. I quite like the way this one looks, and the fact that it is somewhat water resistant. Might be a good choice for my EDC pen that I carry to work.

You're welcome  :)  And thanks for the tips about paper sizes for the additional papers. I cut the strips as you suggested, but because I scan at 300 dpm, I made them 9cm across inclusive of front & back. That may change next time.  :)

#24 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2018 - 23:24

Thanks Chrissy, this is one of my favorite blues.

#25 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 23:50

Thanks Chrissy, this is one of my favorite blues.

You're welcome.  :)  Having now tried it again for myself, I'm not at all surprised. It was a hidden treasure in my ink box.  :)

#26 Green Ink

Green Ink

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:34

Chrissy, thanks for including your observations on staining and cleanup-much appreciated!

#27 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 17:04

Chrissy, thanks for including your observations on staining and cleanup-much appreciated!

You're welcome.  :)  It's an observation that seems to interest people, so I thought it should be in there.  :)

#28 doggonecarl

doggonecarl

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2018 - 14:46

I'm late to the party in regards to Diamine inks and kick myself for it.

My local B&M stationery store had some Diamine cartridges on sale and on a whim I bought Majestic Blue. Love it. Behaves great on every paper I've used. Sheen and shading an added bonus.

#29 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 14:48

I'm late to the party in regards to Diamine inks and kick myself for it.

My local B&M stationery store had some Diamine cartridges on sale and on a whim I bought Majestic Blue. Love it. Behaves great on every paper I've used. Sheen and shading an added bonus.

At least you've found them now, and you've started with a great one.  :)

#30 WJM

WJM

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:37

I got a small bottle of Diamine Majestic Blue. 

Lot of new things. First Diamine ink I've tried, first ink I've ever bought abroad (I found one online store in Poland which offers Diamine inks, but the Majestic Blue is out of stock for over a month now) and, which may be odd, the most expensive ink I've ever had. While not really a high-end ink, it's slightly more expensive than Pelikan 4001, Waterman and Parker inks - which is predominantly what I use. 

My first impression is regret that I got only 30 ml bottle. I will have to get more. The color is just beautiful - best looking blue I've seen. 

#31 AlohaJim

AlohaJim

Carpe Diem

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 21:36

I got a small bottle of Diamine Majestic Blue. 

Lot of new things. First Diamine ink I've tried, first ink I've ever bought abroad (I found one online store in Poland which offers Diamine inks, but the Majestic Blue is out of stock for over a month now) and, which may be odd, the most expensive ink I've ever had. While not really a high-end ink, it's slightly more expensive than Pelikan 4001, Waterman and Parker inks - which is predominantly what I use. 

My first impression is regret that I got only 30 ml bottle. I will have to get more. The color is just beautiful - best looking blue I've seen. 

Yes. It is one of my favorites as well.

jim

My Photography Web Page

http://www.uscommerc...photography.com

flying-letter-exc.png

#32 MissCellany

MissCellany

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 13:37

Reading this review, I now regret giving my bottle away- especially now that I have me some Tomoe River paper! :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine majestic blue, majestic blue, diamine ink, blue like pps, diamine blue, blue ink, good blue ink, sheeny blue, saturated blue, pps substitute

Sponsored Content

|