The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Maki-E For Sale

sailor maki-e

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 16:29

Maki-e for Sale ? Sailor Spring under the Stars, Kai, Kurenai, Ukifune, Turtle en Phoenix, ... are already around for some time. Without being disrespectful they have to make some room for new Limited Editions. https://www.sakurafo...-japanse-pennen

urushi-makie-sale.png

Catherine Van Hove

sakurafountainpengallery.com

Sponsored Content

#2 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 18:10

Thank you for sharing these images of the Maki-E pens.  There are several I have never seen & make for some "wishful dreaming!"  It is a rare treat to see so many beautifully executed pens on one site.

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,830 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 19:16

The "Yu-nami" and "Spring Under the Stars" pens are especially beautiful.  But alas for me, even if I could afford them, I don't dare buy a pen that I wouldn't be able to safely use without wearing latex gloves....  :( 

But thanks for posting the link.  I enjoy looking at the artistry of maki-e pens, even if for me all I can do is look....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 LanceSaintPaul

LanceSaintPaul

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 19:20

The "Yu-nami" and "Spring Under the Stars" pens are especially beautiful.  But alas for me, even if I could afford them, I don't dare buy a pen that I wouldn't be able to safely use without wearing latex gloves....  :( 

But thanks for posting the link.  I enjoy looking at the artistry of maki-e pens, even if for me all I can do is look....

My Urushi allergy is strictly fiscal....

#5 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 18:29

Currently the price is beyond my budget I will add it as a line item to my fiscal plan for 2033 or 2034.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,830 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 23:54

My Urushi allergy is strictly fiscal....

Well, there is that problem as well....

Early on in my forays into this hobby, I found some website just chock full of amazing -- but frightfully expensive -- maki-e pens.  I told my husband "Look dear! I've just saved you $20,000!"  But somehow, he just did not fully appreciate my sacrifice....  :angry: 

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#7 ats200

ats200

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:56

I'm in love with the Kurenai and You-kou models but I too have a fiscal urushi allergy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, maki-e

Sponsored Content

|