The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Tips Por Favor :3

tips handwriting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 karlene

karlene

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 19:11

Henlo! 

My handwriting is not the best and using fountain pens have improved it quite a bit but I am always seeing beautiful post of people's handwriting and I am really struggling with having my handwriting look so nice. 

Any tips that could help me out? 

Sponsored Content

#2 Inkling13

Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 20:47

I find that everyone can develop their own style, unique to themselves, and yet at the same time, still be pleasant to the eye. One thing is to practice your cadence or the spacing between letters. Also, consistency between the same letter is the key.  There can be different variances between letters if you're using a linked cursive script; for example, letters following an "o" look different than say following an "i" because the joining element is at different heights. 

To practice this, I usually copy words. Long words, with many I's and O's. Poetry. Anything that inspires you to write. I have certain words that I do love to practice: titanium, electrocardioversion, osmosis. Those, of everything I find, help with my cadence and linkages between letters, and help develop the muscle memory. 

What I don't find helpful, is the thickness of your lines. A bold nibbed line hides many details. If a script looks lovely with a thin-nibbed pen, it will look nice with a bolder nib as long as you can still make out the details. 

#3 DriftingSands

DriftingSands

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 20:49

Posting a photo of your writing might help folks understand and see where you're coming from.

#4 karlene

karlene

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 21:31

I find that everyone can develop their own style, unique to themselves, and yet at the same time, still be pleasant to the eye. One thing is to practice your cadence or the spacing between letters. Also, consistency between the same letter is the key.  There can be different variances between letters if you're using a linked cursive script; for example, letters following an "o" look different than say following an "i" because the joining element is at different heights. 

To practice this, I usually copy words. Long words, with many I's and O's. Poetry. Anything that inspires you to write. I have certain words that I do love to practice: titanium, electrocardioversion, osmosis. Those, of everything I find, help with my cadence and linkages between letters, and help develop the muscle memory. 

What I don't find helpful, is the thickness of your lines. A bold nibbed line hides many details. If a script looks lovely with a thin-nibbed pen, it will look nice with a bolder nib as long as you can still make out the details. 

Posting a photo of your writing might help folks understand and see where you're coming from.

oh makes sense.. thanks!! 

I will be posting my handwriting soon.. i just don't have a picture of yet. When I am able to, I will send one!! 

#5 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2018 - 16:45

Hi, Karlene, Welcome to FPN!

I find that a study of scripts -- one at a time -- helps with my handwriting. I have adopted Italic for my usual hand and do Copperplate for special occasions. In addition, I studied the historic hands; textura, uncial, Roman capitals, etc. All help me to develop a full, disciplined hand.

Best of luck,

Randal

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tips, handwriting

Sponsored Content

|