Next Saturday! - Pen Club Meeting - January 20 In Fremont....

markh

I. Meeting announcement

II. L.A. Pen Show

III. Dues are due

IV. John Hancock’s birthday, and National Handwriting Day - January 23.

V. Map and location details…

I: The next PPPC meeting will be this coming Saturday, January 20, at the Olive Hyde Program Center, in Fremont. Time 11:-2: (We had a meeting there last year.)

Bring stuff to sell, trade, or just show. Or a list of pens you are in desperate need of….

New members are always welcome. A quick way to pick up a lot of information about modern and vintage writing instruments.

Thanks to Rick (Penguin) Propas for arranging the location - http://www.thepenguinpen.com/

II: Los Angeles International Pen Show

The L.A. pen show is coming up – February 15-19. At the same location as prior years, but with a new name: Westdrift Manhattan Beach Hotel.

According to the show organizer, “All tables are sold out and there is a long waiting list.” But trader passes are still available.

The PPPC usually gets a good representation at the show. Next week’s meeting is a good time to coordinate/strategize any plans for L.A.

III: Dues are due.

Dues are $30/year. The money pays for renting space (sometimes free, sometimes not) and food. Todd handles the $$$, so please coordinate with him.

New/prospective members are welcome to attend a meeting at no cost, to decide if the club is for them.

IV: National Handwriting Day.

January 23, just after our meeting, is John Hancock’s birthday. And not coincidentally, it’s National Handwriting day. A good day to practice and perfect your handwriting.

V: Location

The meeting will be at the Olive Hyde Program Center (https://fremont.gov/308/Olive-Hyde-Program-Center)

123 Washington Blvd, Fremont 94539

https://goo.gl/maps/FKqP9HHw49A2

There should be street parking. There is also a parking lot across Washington Blvd.

If you are of a historical bent, the center is also across the street from Mission San Jose < http://www.missionsanjose.org/

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Mark (Email)

<pppc@marketfire.com>

and

Todd (Dues)

<eberspacher@gmail.com>

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markh

• ASCIIaardvark

Top Posters In This Topic

aww, Fremont are near SF in California - I thought someone'd started another pen club for the Fremont area of Seattle :P

aww, Fremont are near SF in California - I thought someone'd started another pen club for the Fremont area of Seattle :P

So.... start one. That's how they all start.....

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

So.... start one. That's how they all start......

Seattle already has one in the north-end and one in the south-end.

...We could use a pen show though -- Portland's is only a mini-show and SanFran is 800 miles away. How do those start?