The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Detached Wire Band

sheaffer wire band admiral repair

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deansellers

deansellers

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:30

I have a Sheaffer Admiral Lever-Fill with a Wire Band cap.  The wire band has come detached from the cap.  It came off cleanly, no chips or cracks in the cap.  Were these bands originally affixed by adhesive or simply pressure fit?  What would be my best choice of re-securing?

Thanks.

Sponsored Content

#2 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 21:18

See : http://www.fountainp...ing cap rings

#3 deansellers

deansellers

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 23:09

Thanks for the link; very informative.  However, I'm not sure how that technique will work with the type of bands on these Sheaffers.  The band itself is grooved and the edge of the cap sits in this groove.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, wire band, admiral, repair

Sponsored Content

|