The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

How Many Ink Bottles Do You Have?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 17:01

way too not enough  ;)

not counting the multiples of my true loves... Pelikan Blue Black, Aquamarine and Smoky Quartz, Kon Peki, MB JFK and Shakespeare Velvet Red, Lie de The, and , and, and...

*sigh*

but I'll wager my wife has WAY MORE quilting fabrics (nttawwt)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

Sponsored Content

#22 ENewton

ENewton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,466 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 17:02

After more than twenty years of fountain-pen use, I have 13 bottles of fountain-pen ink, a set of Birmingham ink samples, and a bottle of Sumi ink (for brush calligraphy).  

#23 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 17:18

Between 60-65, ~40 are Diamine mostly 80ml bottles, with a handful of 150th anniversary, and 30ml bottles. 10-12 are KWZ 60ml bottles. They rest are mostly single bottles from major brands, Pelikan, Waterman, Salior, Pilot, J. Herbin(2), PR(3), Organic Studios(2), Noodlers(4-6), and Abraxas(2).

Edited by JakobS, 13 January 2018 - 19:19.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#24 Bookman

Bookman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 2,039 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 17:27

I have 39 still with ink in them and 23 empties, mostly Waterman and Visconti.  Two empties, a Pelikan with the little pen rest and a Sailor jar, have been converted to paper weights.  I don't know why I have so many empties.  I haven't kept every one. Sailor jars usually walk the plank immediately, as I transfer the ink into better bottles.  Same with Namiki jars.  I don't keep empty Noodler's, Diamine, or J. Herbin.  I kept a couple of Auroras, and they've been filled with other inks from crappier bottles.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

#25 Mew

Mew

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,063 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 17:47

WOW!   :yikes:  :wub:

As for me, 12 bottles, all 30ml, 6 Pelikan 4001 and 8 Diamine standard series. And 2 ink samples by Diamine.
I consider myself a total beginner in the world of bottled inks since I've always only ever used short standard international cartridges in school.
Everybody here has already taught me so much about bottled inks. I hope I can expand my collection during the years so one day I can have a nice huge rainbow of colors to choose from.

I'm glad that I/others have been of some help.
Fortunately/unfortunately, there's nothing more to collect now, for me at least unless sailor releases more colours which are interesting. :)

#26 RoyalBlueNotebooks

RoyalBlueNotebooks

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,495 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 18:20

I'm glad that I/others have been of some help.
Fortunately/unfortunately, there's nothing more to collect now, for me at least unless sailor releases more colours which are interesting. :)

Have you thought about reviewing here some of the colors you've used? Or maybe you have already reviewed them in a separated blog?

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

#27 Mew

Mew

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,063 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 18:44

Have you thought about reviewing here some of the colors you've used? Or maybe you have already reviewed them in a separated blog?

I did a few reviews back in 2016. I don't approve of them now since I didn't use a paper which would accurately represent the ink colour. Graphilo (the paper I used) makes all the inks appear a couple of tones lighter than the intended colour. Now I have lost all motivation to do reviews but I do post writing samples on Instagram.

#28 inotrym

inotrym

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 880 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 18:49

99 bottles and 6-7 boxes of cartridges. Most of them are different colors. (I do have a stash of Edelstein Turmaline and Amethyst)

I'd like to cut them down, but shipping is too expensive to send them anywhere abroad and in my country not a lot of people appreciate fountain pens.

Is there a sample exchange program for Europe?

#29 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,215 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 19:50

I'm just a humble beginner... Around 80, probably above it. Didn't counted them in a while, they are distributed between two location...

Edited by VivienR, 13 January 2018 - 19:50.

#30 dgerson

dgerson

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 20:56

58. One of the things I love about FPN is that you all make me feel good about that number.

#31 phoenixfeder

phoenixfeder

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 21:25

about 100 ... plus ∼30 samples ... and there are still so many inks to get :wub:

#32 ca49reber

ca49reber

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 23:15

I quit counting at 500. No samples. Carts not included in total.

#33 AmandaW

AmandaW

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 00:21

About 65 bottles plus a few in transit. And a few more on the wish list...

No samples because shipping is slow and expensive.

It's all about the greys...

#34 pseudo88

pseudo88

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,280 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:12

44... And one more on the way. I need to go to fountain pen anonymous. 

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#35 Aelie

Aelie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:21

21 bottles, with only 1 bottle in the past 6 months. All that money saved has been going into buying pens though...

#36 tropicalwitch

tropicalwitch

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:22

18 branded inks with 4 new ones on the way, and a handful of handmade inks I bought from others or small shops. I also have roughly 68-70 self made ink mixes, ranging between 30-90ml bottles. Once I get a few more bottles, I'll be adding more self made to my collection as well!

#37 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:29

#38 cat

cat

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:47

One ink bottle and one pen.  :sm_cat:

#39 RoyalBlueNotebooks

RoyalBlueNotebooks

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,495 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:06

I quit counting at 500. No samples. Carts not included in total.

:yikes: The dream! 

No samples because shipping is slow and expensive.

So true for bottles under 10€. Did some math and it's not that convenient.

21 bottles, with only 1 bottle in the past 6 months. All that money saved has been going into buying pens though...

That's the spirit!

Ah, this thread is going to be a fun reading. And I feel way less weird now. I have 6 bottles out on my bookshelf and they always get a puzzled look from the family members and friends who walk in my room. Once I move out I can keep all the bottles on display proudly.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

#40 CatHerder

CatHerder

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 14:30

Glad I saw this, now won't feel guilty buying more.... Away from home now so can't count, but I'd guess about a dozen bottles (and about 70 samples)

Sponsored Content

|