The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Snorkel Signature With Stub Nib

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 23:42

Just received this fella in the mail. Innocuous posting on auction site that didn't mention the fact it was a broad stub triumph nib. I had been drooling over some pictures of these and resigned myself to never writing with one. Lo and behold, one pops up the next week. No one bid on it the first time around, and it was relisted for $60 cheaper. Ended up getting it for $99, which I thought was pretty good (though I don't know what these typically go for). 

Just wanted to share, cause I'm excited about this one. My only bummer is that we're about to be moving and I don't think I have time to get it worked on (new sac, etc) before leaving. It may have to sit mostly unused for way longer than I would like. Alas!

Attached Images

• FullSizeRender.jpg
  • IMG_6021.JPG
  • IMG_6020.JPG
  • IMG_6019.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 00:08

:yikes:  :puddle:  :thumbup:

#3 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,417 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:34

Wonderful, what a great find! Danny Fudge (The Write Pen) in Omaha has restored all my Snorks. You could send it on off to him and have him mail it back to you at your new location. He has a really fast turnaround.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:21

Wonderful, what a great find! Danny Fudge (The Write Pen) in Omaha has restored all my Snorks. You could send it on off to him and have him mail it back to you at your new location. He has a really fast turnaround.

Yep, I actually just got a batch of pens back from Danny. He did a fine job.

The problem is that we're moving to Kenya and getting mail there is a bit problematic because the postal system is...well, awful. We're traveling a bit before the actual transatlantic move, but that also makes mailing difficult.

Alas!

#5 niksch

niksch

Donor Pen

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:44

Thanks for that recommendation, PAKMAN!

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

#6 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:44

What an awesome looking nib. Congratulations. Worth holding on to!

Sponsored Content

|