The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Anyone Around Louisville Who Can Re-Sac This Exquisite Snorkel?

snorkel stub nib

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 22:38

Recently saw this nice Snorkel signature set and almost passed it up, until I saw that it has a factory stub nib. Had to get it. The problem: my wife and I are moving overseas in like a week. No time to mail and have a new sac put in, even with rush delivery...right?

So, if there's someone around Louisville, KY who can do this, who would be willing to let me drop it off to them and pick it up, I'd be deeply in your debt. 

Thanks folks!

Attached Images

• IMG_6021.JPG
  • IMG_6020.JPG
  • IMG_6019.JPG
  • FullSizeRender.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 23:31

Hope you find someone.  

I have a black Snorkel with a Palladium Silver stub that has a bit of flex to it.  Yours looks like it probably will (being gold) have more....  :puddle: 

Sorry I have no recommendations for someone super close to where you are.  Mine have all been rehabbed by Martin Ferguson at pen shows, and he's in Virginia someplace.  Check out his website and see what sort of turnaround time he's currently running: http://martinspens51.com.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 EMQG

EMQG

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 23:22

Hope you find someone.  

I have a black Snorkel with a Palladium Silver stub that has a bit of flex to it.  Yours looks like it probably will (being gold) have more....  :puddle: 

Sorry I have no recommendations for someone super close to where you are.  Mine have all been rehabbed by Martin Ferguson at pen shows, and he's in Virginia someplace.  Check out his website and see what sort of turnaround time he's currently running: http://martinspens51.com.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Fyi, flexy Snorkel nibs won't have that little "groove" where the gold tone meets the silver tone. So this one's gonna be firm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snorkel, stub nib

Sponsored Content

|