• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• Lam1

• BillH

• sargetalon

For me I wish they would finally come out with a blue stripe M1000!

I agree - I actually contacted the company to ask if they would ever consider it and the answer was no. Too bad, I think it would be popular.

Semi-vintage and Vintage are 1/2 a size narrower than the modern nib, so a EF nib from those eras would be more the F in Japanese someone wants..............the modern nibs are fat and blobby (double kugal/ball) made for folks that hold their pens like a ball point...and haven't got time....three minutes to learn to hold it like a fountain pen.

So don't bind your self to wider modern nibs, when better nibs can be had in both semi-vintage regular flex, or vintage semi/maxi-semi-flex....and are narrower than modern.

One or two of the City 600's pens, like the Grand Place would be in my buy list....but being a fool, didn't buy when new and "cheap". :headsmack:................well I was in the cheap Pen of the Week in the Mail Club back then.....and it was not cheap. :happyberet:

A semi/maxi semi-flex nib from the '50's do fit any 400 or 600. I had a '54 semi-flex B :puddle: on my 605 for a long time before I got the BB nib stubbed to 1.0. Now the nib's back on the '54 transition 400 tortoise it was on.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I agree - I actually contacted the company to ask if they would ever consider it and the answer was no. Too bad, I think it would be popular.

Did they provide further explanation as to why not?

Did they provide further explanation as to why not?

"We don't want to.

We don't have to.

Y'all can go eat worms."

Or something to that effect.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

"We don't want to.

We don't have to.

Y'all can go eat worms."

Wow, that brings back childhood memories. Thanks for that! :thumbup:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Thank you for asking! As one with modest fixed income I would very much like a £100 M800. Green please! It would look lovely next to the blue Opus 88 Koloro, which is about the same size. :)

Wishing. Fruitlessly, no doubt.

Add lightness and simplicate.

• 1 month later...

+1:

M600 size of the following:

1. Burnt orange or dark orange flake (like the old/original Delta Dolce vita material)

2. Brown tortoise (i know this has been hoped for ad nauseum but why not mention it again?)

3. White barrel/ends with teal transparent stripes and rhodium trim

4. Engraved demo

5. Light Green demo like the M800 version

6. Yellow and Black Duofold mandarin-style

7. Toledos in this size

8. Blue o'blue in this size

9. Re-issue some of the City series at affordable prices (one can dream)

I too would love to try a weightier barrel in a smaller than M600 size. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of for now!

re: "7. Toledos in this size"...wouldn't that be the M700 Toledo? It's been quite a number of years since I owned the LE versions when they first came out 25+ years ago, but I seem to recall that the M700 Toledo was actually an M600 in size, and that the M900 was built on the M800 size. As I say, it's been a long time so I could be wrong.

The M700 and M710 are M4xx sized pens.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I would like an M400 purple stripe. Or an M200 purple.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I would like some new M200s in modern pastel colors. They would make a great gifts for younger friends of mine as introduction to FP world. I don't like the over-conservative classic line and demonstrators might scare them :-)

Many of those already suggested, but specifically:

Violet/lilac/purple striated M605

Jade, lapis and honey tortoise M101Ns

Expressive nibs

Price reductions

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Many of those already suggested, but specifically:

Violet/lilac/purple striated M605

Jade, lapis and honey tortoise M101Ns

Expressive nibs

Price reductions

Yes. Especially the 101Ns... mmmmmm honey tortoise :wub:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Since they did the jade and lapis on the m101 originals of their time, having a m101n version would be cool. Even though the remakes don't have vintage quality nibs having current materials that are not old and crumbling after 60-70 years of age on them is nice. It's the reason I went with the m101n lizard instead of an original 100n. I can always put a vintage nib on it.

What would be really cool would be a 100/100n with the diameter of the m800 :)

I'd like to see Pelikan really compete in the low-price 16-24 year old customer market. This is where many new customers are, and they're buying inexpensive Twsbi, Jinhao, Wing Sung, (new) Conklin, etc. (This is a different market segment than the Pelikano Twist kids.)

These 16-24's are buying from places like gouletpens.com which has many pen offerings under $50. Get them addicted to the brand at the sub-$50 level, and work them up to the Souveran or even Toledo/Maki-e level.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Just had a vision... of a white tortoise M101N. Now that would be something, especially if they went for not the clinical looking titanium white plastic but instead, say... light ivory. Or... the swirly stuff that was used in the M924 White Tiger. That and the binde made out of that beeeeeeeautiful light tortoise material they make the M400/M600 Tortoise-shell Whites out of. Ooooooh... <3

That could be pretty swanky with the binde made out of the stuff in the recent M600 Turquoise-White too...

I'd like to see Pelikan really compete in the low-price 16-24 year old customer market. This is where many new customers are, and they're buying inexpensive Twsbi, Jinhao, Wing Sung, (new) Conklin, etc. (This is a different market segment than the Pelikano Twist kids.)

These 16-24's are buying from places like gouletpens.com which has many pen offerings under $50. Get them addicted to the brand at the sub-$50 level, and work them up to the Souveran or even Toledo/Maki-e level.

Agreed.

I have a 1980s era Pelikano that I picked up at the Baltimore/Washington Pen Show in March. Yeah, it's a nail -- but it's also a very smooth writer. And I paid a whole whopping $5 US for it.... :-) Paid more for a converter for it than I did for the pen itself.

But I do think that it would nice for Pelikan to make something that's not a kids' pen like a Pelikano, but still priced low enough for people to be willing to try out. Admittedly my first pen was a 1990s era M400 Brown Tortoise, but it also was -- at the time I got it, about 4 years ago -- the most expensive pen I'd ever bought by FAR (and is still one of the most expensive pens I own; come to think ALL of my most expensive pens -- and all the ones which cost over $150, not counting potential repairs on some of the vintage pens -- are Pelikans).

And honestly, a lot of the M200s don't grab me, looks-wise, the way the more expensive M400s do; if I'm going to buy a translucent piston-filler, odds are it it will be a Noodler's Konrad -- not an M200 that costs 4-8 times as much.

That being said, of course, I'm hoping that they will re-release the M200 Café Crème at some point, in case the replacement one I bought never does turn up....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just had a vision... of a white tortoise M101N. Now that would be something, especially if they went for not the clinical looking titanium white plastic but instead, say... light ivory. Or... the swirly stuff that was used in the M924 White Tiger. That and the binde made out of that beeeeeeeautiful light tortoise material they make the M400/M600 Tortoise-shell Whites out of. Ooooooh... <3

That could be pretty swanky with the binde made out of the stuff in the recent M600 Turquoise-White too...

Oh! That would be wonderful....