What Would Be Your Pelikan Pen Wish?

daenghafez

As many times lamented by me, I'd like them to go back to their Pelikano roots and make the Pelikano look like any one of the past iterations, before the 2000 plastic versions came around (esp the most childish looking & fugly iterations since 2010, which even lack a clip!).

Then I'd like them to go to town with the m2xx and the p2xx and add more colours. They do the swirly stuff now (again), but I'd like to see solid coloured resin pens (the swirly things are I believe binde?), like their LEs in red, blue, yellow etc etc join the regular flock.

Then I'd like them to finally for the love of everything change their ridiculous nipple on their c/c pens, which is super short and barely any converter can safely latch onto the nipple, even theirs feels unstable. I don't get why they chose to make the system of the barrel screwed in "safely" seating in carts & conv. They ought to look at Sailor, Pilot & Platinum and Parker imo to see how a c/c pen should be really done. Waterman too makes their c/c pens (nipples) better than Pelikan, they too use the standard international cart format like Pelikan. And their competition Lamy too. So basically any other brand does c/c better than Pelikan imo (at least these, which I've all tried).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• Lam1

• BillH

• Bo Bo Olson

I wish Pelikan would remove the metal trim ring near the nib.

I've managed to make a few of those fall off from drops of FPs, not a Pelikan though....

Pelikan already have wunsch-nibs, why can't they hve a wunsch-binde - send your preferred material (Indian mustard-black mottled ebonite, Omas arco or burkina, Conway Stewart amber) and get your Pelikan with the binde of your choice. I'd be up for a few!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Japanese sized F nibs

Yes, please. I love my Pelikans but all write too wide for my handwriting. I had one made needlepoint & it is unusable.

+1 to M1000 Brown Tortoise (either SE or regular production) though Id also like to see it in both brown and white tortoise (and the M101N versions as well)

My requests are quite modest: I'd like to see M650 vermeil brown and green tortoises, a massif 18k gold M600 (which I suppose would be an M7??), M600s in Renaissance Brown and the orange that's on the M320, and an M1000 in Raden Royal Gold.

And all the old nibs, please, especially the obliques.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I would like an M300 in a purple, like the M320 ruby red, in that kind of material, but purple or violet.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I’d like to see:

1. M800 in a striated yellow

2. M80? black with rose gold nib & trim

I like your taste. These seem like great combinations.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely more nib options, at least by a specific order through distributors...

Less bling indeed!

A M405 demonstrator...

The reissue of the M420, pretty please!

+1:

M600 size of the following:

3. White barrel/ends with teal transparent stripes and rhodium trim

The white section would inevitably give me kittens, but ooo, I bet that could look good. :puddle:

Looks like we got our wish, grainweevil!! Let's face it, blue and gold looks better. I just hope it really is the turquoise blue color of the product photo and not something else!

I dunno, it's a little paler and flashier that I pictured in my head, must admit. Not even slightly tempted as a result. It's probably the gold... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would love an M305 in a restricted color (stripped blue or gray, or even plain black).

This pen is not loved enough.

Other than that I would like for the pen mechanisms to be user-serviceable (like the M800) for all of their models.

Ideally I would also like to see the metal ring on the section gone, but I can compromise on that.

Did anyone look at the LCdC email this weekend, the one with the Aurora "Calendar"? THAT orange material would make an awesome M800! :P That's my wish for today.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Did anyone look at the LCdC email this weekend, the one with the Aurora "Calendar"? THAT orange material would make an awesome M800! :P That's my wish for today.

I looked, but didn’t see an Orange for the Calendar. Well, at least to me, the one I saw looked more brown. But, it certainly would be beautiful.

However, I was even more attracted to Black Pearl. A M800 like that would be fantastic.

I looked, but didn’t see an Orange for the Calendar. Well, at least to me, the one I saw looked more brown. But, it certainly would be beautiful.

However, I was even more attracted to Black Pearl. A M800 like that would be fantastic.

You're right, it says brown tortoiseshell... the picture in my email looked rather orange but in order to avoid temptation I did not click thru to the site until just now.

But TORTOISE!!! that'll work too.

sorry... "tortoise" is what got me hooked in the first place... you know how that "first love" is...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Yeah, any tortoise would get my money too!

I think that one is particularly beautiful, but given the amount of browns they released lately, I don't think we'll get any more brown pens for a little while.

Which is a shame, since they're my favorites (I even hunt the Sheaffer's Brown Striped pens to get my daily dose of Tortoise :lol:).

As to "avoid the temptation", I'm so well behaved in the last few weeks that I went through the site and did not feel tempted in the least. If things continue like this, I'll soon be averaging less than one pen/day this year :wacko: :lticaptd: .