What Would Be Your Pelikan Pen Wish?

daenghafez

If I was jonesing as badly as the OP..I would contact Shawn Newton in Hot Springs..

and make it happen.......

Re: Pen Wish.............More nib options.......................

Fred

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• Lam1

• BillH

• Bo Bo Olson

Despite the threaded, easy-swap nib unit, many folks recommend against removing the nib unit frequently, e.g, for every flush or ink change. Even if you think that's no problem, wouldn't it be nice to engineer a nib unit and section coupling that was designed and built for exactly that? Inserting and removing the nib unit with impunity is my wish.

- Marc

The current thread is designed for that. The warnings against removing the nib seem to be more to avoid problems with people overtightening the nib, which can break the section (only solution would be metal section) or misaligning the nib due to holding it improperly in the process (I see no solution for this. I suspect that even sellers cause this problem frequently).

As for my wishes:

- Bring back the Oblique and the BB+ nibs

- A vermeil M850 Green Tortoise (but I would settle for a M800 White Tortoise).

- A M1000 in any color other than green or black. Really, anything. I will not even be picky.

- A M800 Ruby Red or Vibrant Red (same pattern as the vibrant blue).

I hope some day Pelikan could issue a special edition of M800 (or M600) Light Tortoise or Lizard based on exact colour scheme of the yesteryears pattern. Please not like the M101N series colour and pattern scheme. The OOTT pens were much more looker. Also throw in a set of well designed nostalgic pen stand, inkwell and box for these pens.

These are just a wish (and my 2 cents comment) and do not know when Pelikan can make this comes true.

How about your wish for a Pelikan pen?

Despite my wishes above, I think yours are even better (as long as in the M800 size)!! :drool: :drool: :puddle: :puddle:

I hope some day Pelikan could issue a special edition of M800 (or M600) Light Tortoise or Lizard based on exact colour scheme of the yesteryears pattern. Please not like the M101N series colour and pattern scheme. The OOTT pens were much more looker. Also throw in a set of well designed nostalgic pen stand, inkwell and box for these pens.

These are just a wish (and my 2 cents comment) and do not know when Pelikan can make this comes true.

How about your wish for a Pelikan pen?

+1 Seriously would not mind light or honey tortoise versions of the M400-M800. I have one of the later model 101N Tortoises and it is the most beautiful pen in my collection. Perfect in every way (even with its slight flaws such as the cloudy ink window). :) More ideas? MOP celluloid would be fabulous. Yes, let's add that to the list. I want a rainbow iridescent pen. <3

Yes. A new M1000 would be excellent. And +1 for an M800 Ruby Red, M800 Light Tortoise, and bring back expressive nibs! Fingers crossed that the brief appearance of the M400 IB in the later shipments of the recent Tortoise SE was not just a flash in the pan but a sign from nestquarters of goodness to come.

I know there is some interest in orange, especially the orange marmalade material, but how about a yellow? Or how about another M200 marble with two colors, like the Telekom release? mmmm... :)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

A Stresseman in the M200 size as part of the regular line, much like the brown marbled.

Nib sizes other than just EF, F, M and B

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Topaz is one of my favorite inks....

I've not tired the new dark green, glad I have an extra bottle of the 4001 green, a decent green-green shading ink....and MB Irish Green and two bottles of R&K Verdura...both just a slightest tad better in the Green-green shading inks.

Aventurine feathers...... :(...liked the color but woolly lines and feathering just won't due.

Jade is boring.

Tanzanite seems OK, but wasn't in a BB mood....or not yet.

4001 blue black is very good ink. The black is good if not using a EF or EEF on poor paper.

Violet and Turquoise are ok.

Brilliant Brown is a bit too red for me....but it shades.

Will admit that the last three Pelikan inks I bought are LE... :(

But then again I have a 'lot' of MB LE inks....8-10. ;)

Yeah, wolly lines and sheening edges has been my experience with edelstein line, except smoky quartz. Hope this will continue in the future, as Id ideally like to use only Pelikan inks in my Pelikans (Im weird like that). As it stands, Pelikan simply does not offer a replacement for Montblancs Lavender Purple, Corn Poppy Red, Toffee Brown, and Irish Green. Another problem I have with Aventurine is, that its too blueish for a green.

A striated M600 with the weight of an M800, and the section length of an Optima or Custom Heritage 92.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

A striated M600 with the weight of an M800, and the section length of an Optima or Custom Heritage 92.

I wouldn't change the section design, but a M6xx upgrade with a brass piston assembly to increase the weight of the pen would be great!

Bring back the whole line of stub, fine italic etc nibs without the ridiculous price increase of so-called "limited editions."

My New Year's resolution is to avoid all higher-priced limited or special editions.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Topaz don't feather or woolly line for me...Jade seems ok, out side of boring.

I didn't notice woolly line with Aquamarine or Amethyst. ...but they are limited..

Good thing I have so many inks....there will be many I'll never get the chance to buy again due to the sand clock.

Semi-flex...and oblique in that is available and will fit the 200/modern 400/600.

They come out with a 600 in semi-flex.....I'd have to find something to give up.

I feel the 600 with out a brass piston to be very nicely balanced and light and nimble, and a good girth...not too wide.

For me, I might find a brass piston 600 to be too top heavy...in it's a medium-long pen.

My standard sized MB 234 1/2 Deluxe has a brass piston. It did take me a bit to get use to it...but I soon found it to be back when I was a 20 pen noobie, to be one of my top three great balanced pens....the other two being a thin medium large Geha 725 and the standard sized silver P-75.

For a metal pen the P-75 is relatively light...especially for silver.

I'm not sure I like my 215 more than my light and nimble standard sized 200/400's.

But I grew up in Standard....Medium-large days of B&W TV.

After hanging with the slightly top heavy 200/400/600, I find my Esterbrooks to be a tad on the light side. :o

That piston pens were more top heavy than sac pens had been a complaint back when I first got here @ a decade ago.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I so want an M1000. I even tried 1 out at a B&M to make sure my hands aren't too small. But I don't like black pens, except my Toledo 910, & I don't like green, even though I have a green striped 140 & M300. Surely something is in the works.

+1

- Re-issue of the M605 blue striated

- Anything orange in something smaller than an M8xx size

- Ocean Swirl in something smaller than an M8xx size

- A moratorium on brown for a year or so...

- Price reductions! ;)

I wouldn't change the section design, but a M6xx upgrade with a brass piston assembly to increase the weight of the pen would be great!

Bring back the whole line of stub, fine italic etc nibs without the ridiculous price increase of so-called "limited editions."

My New Year's resolution is to avoid all higher-priced limited or special editions.

+1:

M600 size of the following:

1. Burnt orange or dark orange flake (like the old/original Delta Dolce vita material)

2. Brown tortoise (i know this has been hoped for ad nauseum but why not mention it again?)

3. White barrel/ends with teal transparent stripes and rhodium trim

4. Engraved demo

5. Light Green demo like the M800 version

6. Yellow and Black Duofold mandarin-style

7. Toledos in this size

8. Blue o'blue in this size

9. Re-issue some of the City series at affordable prices (one can dream)

I too would love to try a weightier barrel in a smaller than M600 size. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of for now!

...modern pens in the honey and sea-green tortoise finishes.

That sounds nice to me.

Regarding separating sections: It happened to me with an M320. It was a brand new pen that arrived separated in its box. The dealer is a reputable one who tunes the pens before shipping, so presumably it happened spontaneously in transit. Someone just recently posted in the Repair forum, saying the section fell off their M400 when they uncapped it. So it's not an M800 problem, it's a Souverän design problem.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

An M800 without the metal section lip and with a semi-flex nib like those they used to make in the early fifties for the 400 model (or else, a 400 model exactly as they did them in the early fifties, only the size of the current M800).

I take it that it was a M800 as I have never heard of it from any other model? (that doesn't mean it hasn't happened though).

M400 old style. What a shame! Someone has screwed up everything. Came to me perhaps home repaired but I found out it was leaking from the joint. When I opened it very carefully I found out the barrel too was broken.

The pen has a press fit nib unit. And the nib is almost full flex.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jwJD8vx7tIcon7q2iYvb95tbwPdDXGP_/view?usp=drivesdk

I don't know what to do with this pen now. I don't have any other pen that may take the press fit nib unit either.

I have now cleared/cleaned the glue used but the pen obviously needs new barrel.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15S0f4JNgrdLROkFe-DqWDpVP3DRzZz0u/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

M400 old style. What a shame! Someone has screwed up everything. Came to me perhaps home repaired but I found out it was leaking from the joint. When I opened it very carefully I found out the barrel too was broken.

The pen has a press fit nib unit. And the nib is almost full flex.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jwJD8vx7tIcon7q2iYvb95tbwPdDXGP_/view?usp=drivesdk

I don't know what to do with this pen now. I don't have any other pen that may take the press fit nib unit either.

I have now cleared/cleaned the glue used but the pen obviously needs new barrel.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15S0f4JNgrdLROkFe-DqWDpVP3DRzZz0u/view?usp=drivesdk

That's sad Khan, I would think that a new barrel would be rather difficult to source.

Peter

3. White barrel/ends with teal transparent stripes and rhodium trim

The white section would inevitably give me kittens, but ooo, I bet that could look good. :puddle: