What Would Be Your Pelikan Pen Wish?

daenghafez

I hope some day Pelikan could issue a special edition of M800 (or M600) Light Tortoise or Lizard based on exact colour scheme of the yesteryears pattern. Please not like the M101N series colour and pattern scheme. The OOTT pens were much more looker. Also throw in a set of well designed nostalgic pen stand, inkwell and box for these pens.

These are just a wish (and my 2 cents comment) and do not know when Pelikan can make this comes true.

How about your wish for a Pelikan pen?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• Lam1

• BillH

• Bo Bo Olson

+1 and I wish I'd gotten the M600 pink too!

I hope some day Pelikan could issue a special edition of M800 (or M600) Light Tortoise or Lizard based on exact colour scheme of the yesteryears pattern.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

There is nothing for me in colors except for the brown tortoise 400NN. for me the nib and its performance takes the precedence in all other models.

Khan M. Ilyas

For me I wish they would finally come out with a blue stripe M1000!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My wish would be that Pelican re-engineer their fountain pens so that the sword of Damocles barrel and section join would screw together robustly (or be made as one unit) and get rid of the faulty glue job that several unfortunate owners have lamented about. Not good for an expensive pen.

My wish would be that Pelican re-engineer their fountain pens so that the sword of Damocles barrel and section join would screw together robustly (or be made as one unit) and get rid of the faulty glue job that several unfortunate owners have lamented about. Not good for an expensive pen.

I think this has been rather over egged as, although I know that it has happened, I have never experienced it and I don't know personally anyone who has. Probably not high on Pelikan's list of re-engineering projects.

Peter

More nib options. Stubs, obliques, italics. Especially obliques.

Better threads between cap and barrel, ideally one that doesnt scratch the barrel.

Better solution to the current body and section assembly.

M800 in brown tortoise rerelease and M800 white tortoise.

1. Pelikan m405 in solid blue / dunkelblau for $100 available worldwide (and not just in Germany with a full moon and only if your name is Helmut).

2. Pelikan m605 in solid blue / dunkelblau for $150 available worldwide.

3. Pelikan m405 transparent for $150 available worldwide.
Impossible I know but hey, we can always dream. In the meantime my money's gone to Japanese pens and inks.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Despite the threaded, easy-swap nib unit, many folks recommend against removing the nib unit frequently, e.g, for every flush or ink change. Even if you think that's no problem, wouldn't it be nice to engineer a nib unit and section coupling that was designed and built for exactly that? Inserting and removing the nib unit with impunity is my wish.

- Marc

Ink 'em if you got 'em!

"""Better threads between cap and barrel, ideally one that doesnt scratch the barrel."""

Wax the pen. Carnauba car wax will do just fine.

I buy mostly old pens, (though have bought a 605, 215, Amethyst and the Marbled Brown) it was seldom I had mars.....but if I did, a bit of finger...no rag, polish with Semi-Chrome removed the mar and wax kept them from ever maring again....

I have real vintage and semi-vintage nibs....and only recommend vintage oblique....in I know nail or even springy regular flex W.German oblique....just don't do much at all....a waste of money compared to the stub semi-flex vintage obliques.

I am spoiled with good nibs.................I need a collection of the many pretty 600's..

...even the old blue and red 400's. :headsmack: I didn't take advantage of them when more affordable. :crybaby:

I've had no problem with my Pelikans breaking at the section nor trouble with screwing in and out the nibs for cleaning.....but I don't hurry the process, screwing out or in.

I think that breaking is more an 800's problem from what I remember.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I would hope for the following:

M1005 Black-Blue-Silver

M1000 Black-Red

M800 Tortoiseshell-Brown becoming a regular edition, or a M1000 special edition

M805 Black-Orange, or Orange in the Ocean Swirl style

M805 Tortoiseshell-White, with silver coloured trims

A desk pen stand for M800/M805 and M1000/M1005

M625/M825 with sterling silver cap, grip section, and piston knob (Like the M625 Aubergine Transparent)

Edited by alwayssunnyalwaysreal

Selling part of my pen and ink collection: https://alwayssunnyalwaysreal.wordpress.com/for-sale/

Aurora Optima Mare | Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline (SOLD) | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Antique Glass (SOLD)

Graf von Faber-Castell Classic Grenadilla (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black/Rosé (SOLD) | Karas Kustoms Ink Red Aluminum (SOLD) | Lamy 2000 (SOLD) | Lamy AL-star CopperOrange | Lamy Scala Dark Violet | Lamy Scala Glacier | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech (SOLD) | Omas Ogiva Alba Green

Parker IM Midnight Astral | Pelikan Classic M120 Iconic Blue | Pelikan Classic M200 Demonstrator | Pelikan Classic M200 Green-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Classic M205 Blue-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green/Black-Red/Tortoiseshell-White (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortsoiseshell-White | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M600 Violet-White | Pelikan Souverän M605 Solid Dark Blue | Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M1000 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium (SOLD)

Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur | Sailor 1911L Anchor Gray/Fresca Blue/Key Lime/Royal Tangerine/Stormy Sea (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | Sailor Professional Gear Slim Four Seasons Yukitsubaki Snow Camellia (SOLD) | TWSBI ECO Transparent Green | TWSBI ECO Transparent Yellow | TWSBI Diamond 580AL Blue/Lava Orange (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | Visconti Van Gogh Sunflowers (SOLD) | Waterman Carène Ombres et Lumières | AND MORE!

I had this happen sometime back. I pulled my pen out of my shirt pocket and uncapped the pen. The front section that holds the nib fell off. I had ink all over my car. Pelikan did fix it at no charge.

More nib options. Stubs, obliques, italics. Especially obliques.

+1

- Re-issue of the M605 blue striated

- Anything orange in something smaller than an M8xx size

- Ocean Swirl in something smaller than an M8xx size

- A moratorium on brown for a year or so...

- Price reductions! ;)

I had this happen sometime back. I pulled my pen out of my shirt pocket and uncapped the pen. The front section that holds the nib fell off. I had ink all over my car. Pelikan did fix it at no charge.

I take it that it was a M800 as I have never heard of it from any other model? (that doesn't mean it hasn't happened though).

Peter

I take it that it was a M800 as I have never heard of it from any other model? (that doesn't mean it hasn't happened though).

Yes that's correct it was my M800. Sorry, should have put that in the original post.

Wax the pen. Carnauba car wax will do just fine.

Sure, that's a solution. Another is, that Pelikan makes a better thread :D

I would also like to add to my list of wishes that Pelikan made better ink. Montblanc is, in my opinion, much better in the inks area. I'm missing a nice purple and at least one nice red in the Edelstein line. Ruby is simply not red and Amethyst was a limited time only.

Topaz is one of my favorite inks....

I've not tired the new dark green, glad I have an extra bottle of the 4001 green, a decent green-green shading ink....and MB Irish Green and two bottles of R&K Verdura...both just a slightest tad better in the Green-green shading inks.

Aventurine feathers...... :(...liked the color but woolly lines and feathering just won't due.

Jade is boring.

Tanzanite seems OK, but wasn't in a BB mood....or not yet.

4001 blue black is very good ink. The black is good if not using a EF or EEF on poor paper.

Violet and Turquoise are ok.

Brilliant Brown is a bit too red for me....but it shades.

Will admit that the last three Pelikan inks I bought are LE... :(

But then again I have a 'lot' of MB LE inks....8-10. ;)

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.