Scriptorium Winter Works

Scriptorium Pens

Here are some of my more recent works from the past few months.

This is one of the most unusual commissions I've received. It called for a "rustic" Idyll in Ukranian Bog Oak with Hammered Silver Bands. The customer wished for the wood to look weathered, with a rough texture, instead of smooth and polished. I used sandpaper and some small jeweler's files to achieve the weathered look. This is an oversized pen.

fpn_1515633587__800_idyll_bog-oak_hammer

This commission was for an oldstyle Pelikan look, but with vintage Parker Blue Lizard Celluloid, a tinted ink window, and with lower cap bands like a modern Pelikan. The clip is my silver Spoon clip.

fpn_1515634960__800_oldstyle_blue-lizard

This commission asked for an oldstyle Pelikan shape, like the M101n, also in vintage Parker Blue Lizard Celluloid, but with the addition of Conway Stewart's Blue Stardust and my Excalibur clip in Silver.

fpn_1515635037__800_custom_blue-lizard-c

This pen was the result of a customer wanting the look of the Conway Stewart Marlborough, but with a larger, more comfortable girth and grip. The material is CS Classic Green with Bronze trim, with my Classic clip.

fpn_1515634043__800_custom_classic-green

The following are examples of my newest model, the Scroll, shaped rather like an old parchment scroll, rolled up. Most of the materials pictured are by the Blankmeister Jonathon Brooks.

fpn_1515633153__scrolls_in_a_variety_of_

Here's another Scroll in Red Koi alumilite, another of Jonathon Brooks' blanks.

fpn_1515633874__800_scroll_red_koi_small

This Aeterna was a commission for someone who was fortunate enough to nab some Omas Burkina Celluloid for himself. The roll stop is my silver Iota.

fpn_1515633273__800_aeterna_omas_burkina

The following Aeterna is made in SEM Limited Edition Briar & Black Ebonite.

fpn_1515634107__800_aeterna_sem-le-briar

This Zephyr is in Conway Stewart Turquoise Crush. The black nib sets off the beautiful turquoise material. I was surprised at how nice the black oxide nib looked with it. I had expected a silver nib to look better. I was definitely wrong! 😊

fpn_1515633975__800_zephyr-cs-turquoise-

This Zephyr was requested with an extended section, which is rather unusual for this model. The body material is NYH Cumberland, one of my favorites, while the extended section is Black Ebonite.

fpn_1515634894__800-zephyr-cumberland-ex

fpn_1515636564__800-zephyr-cumberland-ex

This next pen was a definite first for me. It's actually two pens in one. A longtime customer asked if I would consider making a clipless Sonneteer as a blow filler to fit a lovely vintage Carter's nib and section he had acquired. I couldn't say no, and was surprised to find that the real challenge was not the blow filler part, but in designing a section that could incorporate the tiny vintage section into a new pen. A second section was made to suit a regular JoWo #6 nib and converter. A dual-purpose pen!

fpn_1515636719__800_sonneteer_nyh-cumber

fpn_1515635110__800_sonneteer_nyh-cumber

Thanks for taking a look! As always, there's more to come! 😊

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scriptorium Pens

• TMLee

• dannyboy

• AGxM

Wonderful work as always Renee :)

Did you tell us how the Scroll idea came about?

Its nice :thumbup:

Warm rgds

Edited by TMLee

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

Wonderful work, as usual, Renée.

Turning customer desires, into reality!

Love the new 'Scroll' pens. Very in-keeping with the 'Scriptorium' concept!

Always a pleasure to see what you have been up to!

Jeffrey :)

My Instagram page.

Thank you so much for sharing your new works with us.

I despise January, I always feel let down after the Holiday rush & excitement prior to the year's end & I always crave something exciting, amidst the dull, cold & darker days. YOU have provided a wonderful exciting glimpse into some VERY lucky owner's designs; they will be VERY happy, with these beautiful pens. Between hammered bands, bronze trims & that Burkina, my head is spinning!

That red koi scroll is amazing!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Wonderful work as always Renee :)

Did you tell us how the Scroll idea came about?

Its nice :thumbup:

Warm rgds

Thanks, TMLee! I had wanted another flush barrel and cap pen shape to offer, and was playing around with this idea that I'd had for a long while. It just reminded me of a rolled up scroll, so that's where the name came from.

Wonderful work, as usual, Renée.

Turning customer desires, into reality!

Love the new 'Scroll' pens. Very in-keeping with the 'Scriptorium' concept!

Always a pleasure to see what you have been up to!

Jeffrey :)

Thanks, Jeff! I'm glad you love the new Scroll! I'm rather fond of it, myself.

Thank you so much for sharing your new works with us.

I despise January, I always feel let down after the Holiday rush & excitement prior to the year's end & I always crave something exciting, amidst the dull, cold & darker days. YOU have provided a wonderful exciting glimpse into some VERY lucky owner's designs; they will be VERY happy, with these beautiful pens. Between hammered bands, bronze trims & that Burkina, my head is spinning!

Beautiful work all round, but that first pen is especially tasteful!

Beautiful work! Love the bog oak and hammered finish.

I adore that bog oak pen. It speaks of integrity and workmanlike honesty.The hammered silver works so well with the grainy, porous wood.

Wow, the bog oak and silver looks stunning! I wish I was the lucky customer :)

Thank you all. I love the bog oak pen, too, and hope to make more in that vein.

That red koi scroll is amazing!

Sharon in Indiana

Thank you, Sharon! The Red Koi pattern is another blank I asked the wonderful Jonathon Brooks to create. It's just perfect for the scroll style!

Hi Renée, this might sound a touch dull, but do you make demonstrators? Lovely work as always, I spend alot of time on your site and end up with a different result every time.

Hi Renée, this might sound a touch dull, but do you make demonstrators? Lovely work as always, I spend alot of time on your site and end up with a different result every time.

Hi, Ryan,

I do make demonstrators. All you need to do is choose some transparent material for your pen. Email me if you have any questions. renee@scriptoriumpens.com

Always good and refreshing to spend time on your site! Your work continues to evolve in wonderfully surprising ways--bravo! And keep those great pens coming!!!!!!!!