Top Posters In This Topic

• Claud

• BillH

• Lam1

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My latest Pelikan an M200 Tortoise.

L to R M200, 400 OB, 400 B, 400 OM, 500NN F (with 400NN cap for the sake of unity in the photo), M400 Frankenpen made up of new parts with 18ct B nib, M400 F, M400 White/Tortoise M, latest M400 Tortoise EF, M101N F.post-113417-0-26445200-1515938730_thumb.jpg

Peter

L to R M200, 400 OB, 400 B, 400 OM, 500NN F (with 400NN cap for the sake of unity in the photo), M400 Frankenpen made up of new parts with 18ct B nib, M400 F, M400 White/Tortoise M, latest M400 Tortoise EF, M101N F.attachicon.gifDSCF0371.JPG

They are so lovely all together like that. Matlock, that's a great flock of torts you have there, thanks for sharing.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

​Flock of torts? More like a herd of turtles, yes? Semitics aside, I always love seeing a collection of tortoise writing instruments.

L to R M200, 400 OB, 400 B, 400 OM, 500NN F (with 400NN cap for the sake of unity in the photo), M400 Frankenpen made up of new parts with 18ct B nib, M400 F, M400 White/Tortoise M, latest M400 Tortoise EF, M101N F.attachicon.gifDSCF0371.JPG

Please stop! My drool cup is out for re-plating....

Me? Just inked up an NOS M250 old style, W. Germany, in blue marble with an OB nib inked with 4001 Royal Blue for its maiden voyage.

Bu the way, that Frankenpen (18C B-nib?) hat sounds intriguing.

Please stop! My drool cup is out for re-plating....

I know exactly how you feel. That photo of Matlock's just made me kind of weak in the knees -- especially that M101N at the end of the row. My first bird was a 1990s M400 Brown Tortoise. I had really wanted one of the striated Blue ones, but that came along first and was NOT a mistake to have gotten.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lovely pens, peter.

Khan M. Ilyas

Bu the way, that Frankenpen (18C B-nib?) hat sounds intriguing.

I got hold a new old stock M400 barrel which sat in my drawer for a long time, then I got the chance of a NOS cap so I was getting there. Some time later I had the offer of an old style 18ct B nib and it seemed rude not to add it to the ensemble. So there we have it.

Peter

After not being able to go to the Philly Pen Show, I ordered a M600 Blue binde in Extra Fine, guess that should arrive later this week. Since I ordered from overseas this gave me the opportunity to get a bottle of Pelikan Blue Black (from a reputable vendor rather than the bad bottle I got off Amazon). I'm also getting a bottle of Brilliant Brown and Dark Green. Figured I would need some nice dry inks to tame the likely wet M600. I also recently (late 2017) got a 140 EF and look forward to trying the inks in that one.

If the M600 EF fails to write sufficiently fine with the Pelikan inks I'll get it reground to needlepoint.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

I know exactly how you feel. That photo of Matlock's just made me kind of weak in the knees -- especially that M101N at the end of the row. My first bird was a 1990s M400 Brown Tortoise. I had really wanted one of the striated Blue ones, but that came along first and was NOT a mistake to have gotten.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Yes, that one at the end of the row - stunning! The rest are merely lovely.

Great tray Matlock! (I've seen a similar one at a pen club meeting...that I couldn't take my eyes off).

Yes, that one at the end of the row - stunning! The rest are merely lovely.

Great tray Matlock! (I've seen a similar one at a pen club meeting...that I couldn't take my eyes off).

Thanks, The 500NN is the odd one as I have a broken 400NN and substituted the cap just to keep the colour theme for the photo. Pleased you like the M101N, great pen but the nib is not up to the standard of the old 400s, although still a nice writer.

Peter

The Philly show saw me leave one Pelikan heavier than when I arrived. A mid-'50s tort 400NN caught my eye and wouldn't leave me alone until I bought it.

How could I refuse?

Third pen of 2018 and again a Pelikan: a NOS M620 Shangai which was still sitting in a B&M store.

Alfredo

Very sweet.

I hope you folks who have access to pen shows and B&M pen stores know how lucky you are... out here in rattlesnake country I would have to drive a minimum of 350 miles to find a Pelikan or a MB in a store. :(

Very sweet.

I hope you folks who have access to pen shows and B&M pen stores know how lucky you are... out here in rattlesnake country I would have to drive a minimum of 350 miles to find a Pelikan or a MB in a store. :(

I'm not sure what your closest pen show is, but it sounds to me like a very good excuse for a road trip!

If you've never been, it's really worth it - not just for the pens but for the people!

I'm not sure what your closest pen show is, but it sounds to me like a very good excuse for a road trip!

If you've never been, it's really worth it - not just for the pens but for the people!

Thanks Pentode. San Francisco would be the nearest. Have thought of it many times. Even have a daughter there...

Two day trip for us now though (650+ miles one way)... whew! The airplane might make it doable if I planned it far enough in advance. There is a gentleman I'd love to meet there one day, but his September schedule doesn't lend itself well to that kind of craziness. So for the near future, my additions to the flock will continue being sight unseen and they will have to make the flight by themselves ;)

​Flock of torts? More like a herd of turtles, yes? Semitics aside, I always love seeing a collection of tortoise writing instruments.

I hope you meant semantics already, yet!

I suppose a flock of torts could be a bunch of senior lawyers with maki-es and Radens.

Glenn.