Adding To The Flock -2018

ca49reber

At the Ohio Pen Show, I traded a 400NN OEF nib to Rick Propas for a KEF. I had two OEF nibs, and had wanted a KEF. After Rick tuned it, the KEF was perfection. I have hardly written with anything else since. I love 400NN nibs.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Claud

• BillH

• Lam1

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy days... the 400 Tortoise that I won last week turned out to be... a 400N Tortoise. Otherwise in veeeery nice condition aside from the cap which has a few minor but sharp scratches and what seems to be a small warped patch (a blob of glue or a burn) on one side... need to figure out what to do with those, maybe fill the scratches with a bit of superglue and then level/sand the burn/glue and polish the plastic shell (trims are A-OK).

Anyway... now I have the whole 400 Tortoise family (400 + 400N + 400NN)! <3 Need to snap pics later today. :)

Anyway... now I have the whole 400 Tortoise family (400 + 400N + 400NN)! <3 Need to snap pics later today. :)

Excellent. :thumbup:

You could always keep an eye out for better condition replacements.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Always do... ;) Kind of found "my pens" with post war Pelikans, namely 100N/101N & 400/N/NN series pens, always room for one more and then some... Oh, same goes for Parker 51 Aerometrics too... :D

Excellent. :thumbup:

You could always keep an eye out for better condition replacements.

Always do... ;) Kind of found "my pens" with post war Pelikans, namely 100N/101N & 400/N/NN series pens, always room for one more and then some... Oh, same goes for Parker 51 Aerometrics too... :D

This hobby is rather unhealthy for the wallet, too much temptation all around. :lol:

Good luck on your expeditions...

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

And then there were... Or will be... Four: m150 on the way, although it might be an m100 since it's got rhodium trim.

I toyed with the idea of a Chinese pen (Shock! Horror!) but I have zero patience for (lack of) quality control, but from my research at least penbbs might not be far from producing a quality pen.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

This hobby is rather unhealthy for the wallet, too much temptation all around. :lol:

Sad but true. My favorite pens are all Parkers -- but my EXPENSIVE pens are invariably Pelikans....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: Oh -- I hadn't seen mana's trio of Tortoises.... :drool:

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The hobby is fine. It's these d**n forums that push me over the edge :D

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

The hobby is fine. It's these d**n forums that push me over the edge :D

You mean by highlighting every pen you don't have in your incomplete/inadequate collection. :D

I know the feeling... :angry:

Engineer :

You mean by highlighting every pen you don't have in your incomplete/inadequate collection. :D

I know the feeling... :angry:

My wife calls Dominic's website my shopping list :D

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

My wife calls Dominic's website my shopping list :D

Does it feature BOGOF, 3 for 2, 2nd item 50% off etc. :lol:

I, unfortunately, have yet to attain the status of using an entire website as a shopping list.

Now this forum, is making me question career choices too. :o

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Oooops, I may have "accidentally" bought one of those black bakelite trumpet desk stands for 100/100N (fits 400 series pens also)... in mint shape too, a lucky find from Etsy via google search (of all things).

What else would I use my tax returns for (well, at least a part of them)? :D Can't wait for it to arrive, will put it to good use on my desk, maybe with a black 100N or 500NN...

Image from the sale:

il_1140xN.1562373184_px9v.jpg

My orange M600 with fine nib arrived today. Just have to decide which orange ink to use in it. Will take it with its little brother, the M320, to the Fort Worth Pen Club Monday. If you're in the area, come join us.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

M205 Olivine demonstrator arrived yesterday (after sitting 3 days in the post office of the town next door. Go figure). I wasn't originally planning on getting this pen, but the free Olivine ink from the Pelikan Hub convinced me. Lovely pen!

My orange M600 with fine nib arrived today. Just have to decide which orange ink to use in it. Will take it with its little brother, the M320, to the Fort Worth Pen Club Monday. If you're in the area, come join us.

I have a fondness for Noodler's Cayenne -- a lovely dark orange that's very readable. I use it in the Cognac M200, with an EF nib, for editing, but I bet it would look spectacular with a fine nib.

Received the pen stand today, it is in lovely shape. The only thing that threw me off a bit was the bottom, it had no Pelikan branding like I've seen on other similar stands. Was a bit miffed until I realised that the base had actually been milled (or formed) to allow a metal insert to stabilize the whole thing. Seems like a later model? Plain bakelite is pretty light and the metal insert does help keep it more stable. Sooo... I consider that an improvement and call myself a happy camper. :)