Adding To The Flock -2018

ca49reber

Thank you!

I don't think I need any more Pelikans....

One is enough.

BUT who knows??

I may accidentally get anotha'! :P

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Claud

• BillH

• Lam1

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I need any more Pelikans....

One is enough.

Well everybody knows that you have to buy at least two Pelikans for them to start multiplying in your pen box. I had just one for years then after the second one it quickly became six.

Well everybody knows that you have to buy at least two Pelikans for them to start multiplying in your pen box. I had just one for years then after the second one it quickly became six.

Ha! Too true. But I've found to my "horror" it is also true for old chess sets, old cameras, and old books as well. :rolleyes:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

My 805 Stresemann arrived today. It's really beautiful, I think.

32801568vd.jpg

I got a good offer at a shop. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have an M805 Ocean Swirl, and have an M205 SE demo on the way, and the M815 Metal Stripe on pre-order...come fall I'll also get the M1005 Stresemann

My wife got me an M205 Aquamarine for my birthday. Gorgeous pen and gorgeous ink, but the nib is kind of a dud. It is not inspiring at all. Time start looking for a different nib unit to put in it...

32801568vd.jpg

The Stresemanns are really classy looking. The M800 size is too big for me, but when they first came out I was going "oh MAN -- if they made one in a smaller size I would sooo want one...." And then because of circumstances that will never happen again I had the budget last year to get an M405 Stresemann and was just ecstatic!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The Stresemanns are really classy looking. The M800 size is too big for me, but when they first came out I was going "oh MAN -- if they made one in a smaller size I would sooo want one...." And then because of circumstances that will never happen again I had the budget last year to get an M405 Stresemann and was just ecstatic!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Well, at first I thought that, too. I have small hands, girlie :lol: . But then I tried an 800 at two shops and liked the feel and to write with it. A 605 would have been my first choice. I already have two M400 Old Style Streesemann in green and wanted something bigger and different looking, but a Stresemann nonetheless.

My M205 clear demo arrived yesterday...I thought it looked a bit TWSBI-ish, but the nib is very smooth and wet...the pen is tiny though, and there's a part in the section which now has a blue ink ring...

My M205 clear demo arrived yesterday...I thought it looked a bit TWSBI-ish, but the nib is very smooth and wet...the pen is tiny though, and there's a part in the section which now has a blue ink ring...

Yes the m20x series pen is on the small side especially when compared to a TWSBI. There will be ink from filling seen in the section, but is not hard to clean out when you clean the pen. There is a video on how at https://thepelikansperch.com

Yes the m20x series pen is on the small side especially when compared to a TWSBI. There will be ink from filling seen in the section, but is not hard to clean out when you clean the pen. There is a video on how at https://thepelikansperch.com

Thanks so much for this!

32801568vd.jpg

Congratulations ! It's a great pen and my personal favorite !

Edited by gmathio

Maybe one day I'll get a Pelikan. Next time a black M605 shows up.

Add lightness and simplicate.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a m605 Dark Blue 2003 model from eBay. USPS says I should have it Wednesday.

Men, stay vigilant! There's a spy among us :ninja:

(the R805 is a new addition)

5D8vUgL.jpg

IaxnhqA.jpg

Edited by invisuu

I got my first Pelikan a few weeks back. A red M205 via ebay (appears to be circa 2009?). It is my 2nd broad nib (I have a Pilot VP nib in broad) and surprisingly, I don't find it so broad at all!

I'm now tempted to get an M6xx. Though with a gold nib, I may size down to a medium based on some writing samples, etc. that I have seen.

ENHFRPL.jpg

From what I can see of your writing sample it appears that you got a pretty nice B nib. My experience tells me that you should not expect all B nibs to provide as much line variation. I find many of the newer B nibs to be rather blobby, that is offering little to no line variation. Of course you can have it ground to stub or Italic, and then you will really have something (I do this with most of the B width nibs I get frorm Pelikan).

Thanks. I may try to post more of a writing sample later. If I do pick up an M6xx, I don't know for sure if I'll go with an M, or go ahead and get a B so I can have it ground...I've been wanting to send my VP b nib off for a cursive italic grind, just haven't done it yet. But, this M205 steel nib is very nice imo.

Just ordered an M815 Metal Striped SE with B nib from Niche Pens, after a bit of a wait for stock to arrive... strange since US and European sellers had them already! But it proved worth the wait.
Originally advertised at £495.00, but when I got the “it’s in stock” email it was only £475.00, a net reduction even after paying the modest P&P.
Take off the VAT and it's a bargain. Given the state of the A$ (<US$0.73) it's the best price I've seen at around A$730, depending how much of a cut the bank adds for the currency conversion.

I was previously looking at well over A$800 and sweating!

Glenn.