Top Posters In This Topic

• Claud

• BillH

• Lam1

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum, but I suppose this is the one place to show off my new-old Pelikan :P

fpn_1521909077__m400_-1.jpg

fpn_1521909225__m400_-2.jpg

fpn_1521909243__m400_-3.jpg

fpn_1521909257__m400_-4.jpg

AFAIK this is the Pelikan 400N with a strange nib. Does anybody know, if this nib is stock 400N nib or it was installed later?

Thanks,

M

Ive seen that specific pen in real life :) no, thats not original Pelikan nib. I wanted to ask you about it at the Pelikan hub, but forgot.

Mostly I'm building a collection based on the M800 model, but so easy to get distracted by these M101Ns (and the M101s, and the M600's!). Still space on the tray for a Lizard Jubilee . . .

These four beauties come with EF, M, F and B nibs. The latter definitely my nib of choice.

I'd love to see a replica of the Lapis and Jade 101s. Or to track down originals of the 101s.

Pelikans are very, very dangerous!

post-141593-0-20234300-1521919811_thumb.jpg

Gone all Pelikan ...

Blog: Time's Flow Stemmed

Twitter: @timesflow

Mostly I'm building a collection based on the M800 model, but so easy to get distracted by these M101Ns (and the M101s, and the M600's!). Still space on the tray for a Lizard Jubilee . . .

These four beauties come with EF, M, F and B nibs. The latter definitely my nib of choice.

I'd love to see a replica of the Lapis and Jade 101s. Or to track down originals of the 101s.

Nice! Although I am better at sticking to the M800 series, it is growing too fast. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, Invisuu! :lol: nice to see you! B) :P

Looking forward to this year's Hub ;)

Looking forward to it as well!

I think you are on to one of the more attractive mini collections. I love these replicas, if money were no object I would have a collection of the originals, but even if money were no object, it soon would be. Here are the few I have plus some originals and some just plan beautiful pens. I could see me acquiring the red tortoise, but the all red version, just does not sing to me.

41015699901_81ca0addbd_k.jpgP1000538 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

I think you are on to one of the more attractive mini collections. I love these replicas, if money were no object I would have a collection of the originals, but even if money were no object, it soon would be. Here are the few I have plus some originals and some just plan beautiful pens. I could see me acquiring the red tortoise, but the all red version, just does not sing to me.

41015699901_81ca0addbd_k.jpgP1000538 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

Thanks. Gorgeous image, especially that green and lapis. Please talk me through what Pelikans you are showing me here. I would like to acquire the originals, an aspiration.

Gone all Pelikan ...

Tried an Ebay auction again. I think I am getting the hang of it. Ended up with a 1930s Pelikan 100. Looks to be in excellent condition. I will post pics here when it arrives from Germany.

This week the beautiful new M120 Iconic Blue found its way into my little Pelikan nest. Now the little M400 is no longer alone. Now my only worry is that they might breed :)

post-141790-0-58243500-1522304182_thumb.jpg

This week the beautiful new M120 Iconic Blue found its way into my little Pelikan nest. Now the little M400 is no longer alone. Now my only worry is that they might breed :)

WP_20180329_08_02_26_Pro.jpg

No need to worry. They breed.

Peace and Understanding

So this ritzy-looking M600 turned up in gold, white and turquoise to join its more subdued, elegant flock sibling. They are both slightly pining for another sibling, all in pink, but I suspect that will take some time.

post-141593-0-05103300-1522350697_thumb.jpg

Gone all Pelikan ...

Sigh. The more I see the new M600 Turquoise, the more I want one. Just don't think that it's in the budget..... :wallbash: And it's weird -- the White Transparent doesn't interest me in the slightest for some reason (someone in my local pen club has one and likes it a whole lot -- and I'm happy for her, but now that I've seen the WT in person I find it underwhelming).

The Pink of course, is at nosebleed prices at this point.... :crybaby:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm seriously considering adding a Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl to my flock. I've long wanted a blue pen with silver-colored trims. The Vibrant Blue was beautiful, but I felt it was lacking depth. The Ocean Swirl looks stunning in pictures, in fact so much so that I'm afraid it'll disappoint in real life. What have your experiences been with the Ocean Swirl?

Sigh. The more I see the new M600 Turquoise, the more I want one. Just don't think that it's in the budget..... :wallbash: And it's weird -- the White Transparent doesn't interest me in the slightest for some reason (someone in my local pen club has one and likes it a whole lot -- and I'm happy for her, but now that I've seen the WT in person I find it underwhelming).

The Pink of course, is at nosebleed prices at this point.... :crybaby:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

If I had designed the Turquoise I’d have used silver rather than gold. The gold takes it past elegant into a bit showy, not a pen I’d use out of the house.

I suppose the Pink will only keep rising.

Gone all Pelikan ...

I'm seriously considering adding a Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl to my flock. I've long wanted a blue pen with silver-colored trims. The Vibrant Blue was beautiful, but I felt it was lacking depth. The Ocean Swirl looks stunning in pictures, in fact so much so that I'm afraid it'll disappoint in real life. What have your experiences been with the Ocean Swirl?

I’m sure they vary but mine isn’t the slightest bit disappointing, quite the opposite. It reminds me of the depth and range of colours I see when looking over the side of a boat in one of the Greek isles. It is stunning.

Gone all Pelikan ...

Having seen one in front of me when I was buying the M805, I can say that it is an excellent pen and it is not going to disappoint you at all. The depth of colour is great and how it looks under different angles of light is something that you'll surely love . Get it, without hesitation. It's my next to buy pen, but after sometime, because my budget is rather poor at the moment...