Adding To The Flock -2018

ca49reber

These two arrived in my mail today. Bottom post is Daddy wopper 805 and Son M405 Stressemans

love the m101n...

where did you get this one...???

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Claud

• BillH

• Lam1

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

love the m101n...

where did you get this one...???

Good old Ebay. It wasn't cheap, but none of the M101Ns are. Nibs.com has the two red ones for a decent price.

M101N Red Tourtise with medium nib from Nibs.com. Its my last pen purchase, I swear!!!!!!! at least for now.

I call B.S.! Though, if your add good as I am. September was my last purchase.

Peace and Understanding

hmm... I haven't bought a pen in a month :wacko:

That's just weird.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

That's just weird.

Gee whiz...

You must have one BIG collection... :)

Are you feeling ok?

You're not the first to ask this question...

and AL01, it's a large collection, but I don't think that is the problem. More like the taxes are due soon, and there has been many big birds promised for later in the year. Oh, and I put a downpayment on a trip to Hawaii to celebrate my wife retiring later this year. :wub: We'll both be geezers living on a pittance, so I have to be good.

An expensive trip to celebrate your wife's retirement is a fine reason to behave, BillH.

But, I dunno... one full month without buying a pen... not even a pre-order for the new models just revealed?! :yikes:

The condition seems to be very serious! :unsure:

But I'm sure there's some medicine around here. Perhaps a fresh look at this thread

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/227946-how-many-m800s-m1000s-do-you-own/page-1

will reveal the cure! :P Or maybe a challenge, like finding a NOS M450 Green Tortoise (although, if you find one, do let me know: I'm in bad need for that kind of medicine :lol: ).

Edited by Lam1

and AL01, it's a large collection, but I don't think that is the problem. More like the taxes are due soon, and there has been many big birds promised for later in the year. Oh, and I put a downpayment on a trip to Hawaii to celebrate my wife retiring later this year. :wub: We'll both be geezers living on a pittance, so I have to be good.

As long as your wife is OK with it....

... What else mattas' ? :P

That's just weird.

OK, tomorrow is the first day of a new month--so there's hope! With the vibrant Blue and the Turquoise announced, you know it's time to get those pre-orders in!!!!!! You have to have at least one of these in your new Hawaiian shirt pocket!

OK, tomorrow is the first day of a new month--so there's hope! With the vibrant Blue and the Turquoise announced, you know it's time to get those pre-orders in!!!!!! You have to have at least one of these in your new Hawaiian shirt pocket!

Vibrant blue?! Which one?

Well, there's something to the Chinese saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Life!"

Previous pelikans:

Brown tortoise 400 in OM

Black 140 in OF

Smoky quartz M200 in M

So far this year.

A 140 green stripe in F - still on the way

A 400 green stripe in EF very flexy

A silvexa M20 pen and pencil set.

A M1000 green stripe in B. - still on the way.

I'm pretty anxious about the M1000 I don't really have a comparable pen and I have no idea if I'm going to find it comfortable to write with or how it will behave.

My latest is a early-mid 1980s Pelikano c/c pen: blue, with a chrome cap; guessing it's an F nib, although I can't see any sort of marking on the nib or the pen. Cap says "Pelikan" and "W.-Germany"; barrel end just says "Germany"; two chick logo in white on blue enamel(?) on the finial.

Picked it up last weekend at B/W. Right now it's inked up with Krishna Writer's Night (a very pretty mid-range purple) which was one of the freebies that was handed out Friday night at the mini roundtable classes in the back hallway. Picked up the pen Saturday morning. For the price I couldn't resist -- $5 US plus the cost of a converter (which cost more than the pen did.... :o).

Of course I had to flush a LOT of ink out of the feed (something in the teal/blue family) when I got the pen home -- something I had NOT expected.

Also, on the way down to the show I. picked up what looks to be a nearly full bottle of 4001 Brilliant Black (which I think is modern but with the retro style bottle with the pen rest and retro style box). I don't think the seller is going to be too happy -- I'm not entirely sure what the cashier charged me, but that, two partial bottles of vintage Skrip Permanent Royal Blue (yellow box) and a Beanie Baby Pelikan cost me just over $9.... And I know even at 50% off everything in the booth where the inks were from I didn't pay even HALF the tagged price for the 4001 bottle (more like 1/5th... :blush:). The Beanie Baby "Scoop" was a buck, and I buy them when I find them cheap to give away at SCA Pelican vigils (think "like knighthood but for service"). And at another antiques mall I found a Wade Whimsies brown glazed pelican for a good price. It will go on my desk along with the white one, the two small Pelikan pen stands, the battery powered mini-size Maneki-neko "lucky cat", and (when I rearrange things on that shelf a bit) the 1960s Rat Fink I got on eBay and the mini Gumby and Poky I picked up a couple of years ago in a toys/novelty shop... :D).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

christof, that's just beautiful. :puddle: Thanks for showing that one.

Darn. That's almost enough to get me back in the hunt again.