Adding To The Flock -2018

ca49reber

EDIT: the 2017 version of this topic can be found at:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/318609-whats-your-most-recent-addition-to-the-flock-in-2017/page-28?p=3975745&do=findComment&comment=3975745

Enjoy

D.ick

===========================================================================

I ordered the Toledo M910 on the 28th & it is suppose to arrive tomorrow. A 2017 pen or a 2018 pen?

Edited by RMN
added link to 2017 topic

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Claud

• BillH

• Lam1

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered the Toledo M910 on the 28th & it is suppose to arrive tomorrow. A 2017 pen or a 2018 pen?

Buyer's Choice... we're easy. Congratulations on a fine pen!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

A great start to the new year: got lucky today and scored, from a local seller here in Manila, a semi-sumgai find of a mint, uninked M900 Toledo, in box with papers, for about $560 ;) The icing on the cake is an uncommon 20C nib, which I understand had a short production run at the very beginning of the M900’s release in the early ‘90s. (The clip says GERMANY instead of W. GERMANY so it isn’t one of the original 500 LE pens, but close because of the 20C. Interestingly, one of those 500 LEs is now on eBay and it’s the cheapest of the new M900s being sold by far.)

Here's a backgrounder on the M900, by the way, and the controversy that attended its launch: https://thepelikansperch.com/2016/11/05/pelikan-m900-toledo-controversy/

To celebrate the moment, I splurged on a pad of Tomoe River—my first experience of the brand—and a hearty platter of paella ;) Happy New Year!

Pen, paper, paella:

38564596485_1cab979504_b.jpg

39443075561_f76bc8ff22_c.jpg

24576850057_2bc34393e3_c.jpg

Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens

That's a great buy penmanila. The 20C nibs are pretty hard to find nowadays.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Arrived today & is just as nice as the pictures showed it to be. The box is really nice too. I think I will have to keep it. I usually throw the boxes away or give them to my granddaughters. Instead of satisfying me, this pen makes me want to order another Toledo.

First pen of the year, and it is a Pelikan, in particular a green marbled Pelikan 100 with a fine hard but smooth nib (maybe too much smooth I prefer at least a hint of feedback). The only strange thing is that the piston cone is smooth and not ribbed, any explanation for this?

Alfredo

later manufacturing - probably at the beginning of the 40's.

see here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/220855-whats-up-at-christofs/?p=3382377

c.

Edited by christof

My first pen for the year was also a Pelikan- ironically, the 2017 Smokey Quartz pen and ink set! I loved the look of the pen, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the writing experience for the nib, given my collection is largely gold nibs these days!! Very smooth, and a touch of softness, plus a little flex if you really push it.

My second pen is out to be delivered today- a Pelikan M805 with a factory (M800) OBB nib :D

The amethyst m205 should be joining me shortly. It's one I decided not to buy when it was available and then spent the next year regretting that I hadn't, so it joins the blue demonstrator and marbled 200s I already have.

And I said I wouldn't collect m200 series... :-)

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

My first pen of 2018 is an M805 Stresemann. Will be a little while until it arrived from Europe, but very excited! Ordered in EF and hope that it will be a smooth nib.

Edited by CupTea

My Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl with F nib arrived today. It has been photographed often enough already so I will add only my comment, which is that there is in my case little black on the barrel, substantially more on the cap. I could not line them up if I tried. Happily, I am not bothered to. When I use the pen it is normally seen as barrel only, the cap on the table or in my other hand.

I realise I now have the World's Most Convincing argument for all those threads about posting or not: think of the pattern problems avoided!

I will ink it before long, possibly with a turquoise. I think the pen is beautiful, and am confident I will be satisfied with the performance. The precaution of a quick check of the tines with a loupe revealed no potential problems; as I expect.

I have only four Pelikans, considering one more at auction. They are very fine pens.

X

Finally arrived at home where my new eco-t was waiting for me.

That’s my third TWSBI, the fourth is still in transit (580AL Rose)

post-139386-0-30969700-1515295503_thumb.jpg

Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl, with a cursive italic nib

IMG_6822.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

Excellent photographs! And that nib is quite wonderful. :puddle: Thanks for sharing.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso