Bic Cristal Gel +

IvoryParker

Dear All

I received this pen for free at our local post office.

I am pleased with its performance it writes like a Uni-Ball Signo 207 and at a fraction of the price

Have a look its worth a shot

Cheers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• torstar

• IvoryParker

• Mike 59

• sciumbasci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it the made in Brazil Bic?

If yes, my biggest problem with it is the barrel itself. A tad too tiny, and mine had sharper edges than a Cristal

This one reads made in Vietnam. The barrel is a bit narrow my one has a ridged grip. Its not hexagonal like the Cristal

Pic?

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Couldn't find this pen on the UK BiC website, but I have seen the 'Intensity' colour pens in our shops, I believe they are made in Vietnam, will have another look later.

Edited by Mike 59

I like the Energel line, but I also use BIC Crystal pens so these would be nice to try out.

BIC cristal bold 1.6mm ballpoints are the best cheap pens on the market.

The Bic Cristal 1.6mm pens are not good. They all leak at the ballpoint.

Edited by Donald2

The Bic Cristal 1.6mm pens are not good. They all leak at the ballpoint.

I have not had any leaks in the last 100+ 1.6 mm pens, maybe you aren't using them properly?

I have to agree with Torstar here I never had an issue with the 1.6mm bold. It does require careful use though due to the generous amount of ink it does put down.

I like to write while sitting up in bed and I wouldn't use the Bolds with that posture. Space pens and MB broad/bold ballpoint are used for those moments as they can handle most anything without ink interruption. There might be a little bit of wipe-off from the Bolds, but that's part of every ballpoint pen, no burp or geyser eruption for me for decades.

The problem is that you have to buy a big pack of Bold pens with silly colours to get the blue in Canada..,. so I have a large basket of bad green and pink pens sitting here....

Edited by torstar

My father would use Bolds and bring home the pathetic Medium Cristals for us kids to use. I always wondered how he got such a great blue line every time from the pens we were handed....

Hi, In the UK shops that I go in, the only way to buy the 1.6mm BiC is in the 10 pack where the colours are, purple, pink, very light blue and green.

The blue and black Bic Crystals are in the 1,0mm tip size.

Of course ordering online is an option, I prefer to see what I am paying for first.

Hi, In the UK shops that I go in, the only way to buy the 1.6mm BiC is in the 10 pack where the colours are, purple, pink, very light blue and green.

The blue and black Bic Crystals are in the 1,0mm tip size.

Of course ordering online is an option, I prefer to see what I am paying for first.

In Canada I get 24 1.6mm bold pens, useful are the red and blue and black, there are very bright pink and teal and green, so some are of use more than others.

Well, if you have the patience (and the P&P isn't through the roof) there are box of 20 1.6mm blue Cristals for sale on amazon.it and ebay.it

Well, if you have the patience (and the P&P isn't through the roof) there are box of 20 1.6mm blue Cristals for sale on amazon.it and ebay.it

I don't trust them fully.... Walmart gives me the 24 pens for $4.00 Canadian so it's not that big of a deal to buy it there and squirrel away 12 pens I don't really want.

I don't trust them fully.... Walmart gives me the 24 pens for $4.00 Canadian so it's not that big of a deal to buy it there and squirrel away 12 pens I don't really want.

have you tried the Bic velocity bold pens? They are 1.6 mm. Pretty sure I got a package for a couple of dollars during the bts season. They are 4.49 atm at staples.ca. Last I checked they ate refillable. Not sure if they make the refills that big of a point though

have you tried the Bic velocity bold pens? They are 1.6 mm. Pretty sure I got a package for a couple of dollars during the bts season. They are 4.49 atm at staples.ca. Last I checked they ate refillable. Not sure if they make the refills that big of a point though

I like the Velocity gels, I put the refills into more expensive roller ball pens, after a little adjustment with a razor blade.

I really like the old-school Bic Cristal ballpoint barrel as well, best for pen spinning; clicking pens go right in the trash.

and sorry, how does the Bic Cristal leak, a burp out the nib-end, an air pocket in the refill, a leak out the back end?