Wing Sung 618 Solid Colours?

sciumbasci

Hey all, need to tap into your wisdom once again!

There is currently only one seller (at least, according to my app) selling Wing Sung 618 in solid colours from China, among many other models I have not seen from mentag or jewelrymathematics.

Anyone knows if a solid colour WS618 has ever been made, or if it is a fake? I'm a bit hesitant because I've never seen anyone mention such a model, nor I have ever spotted the name of the seller on the reputable sellers list.

Seller is art-pen-book-dy, anyone has ever had business with him and can confirm he's legit?

Thanks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• tvradio

• Mech-for-i

I got a couple of demonstrator 618s from art-pen-book-dy. No problems with seller or pens. Have been eyeing his listings of solid colour 618s and vacumatic 601s.

Yes, there are 3 different solid colors released for the 618, the basic black, and then ... hmm, a pale baby pink, and a hot magenta red. I had to admit, the pink actually look kind of nice. I figure I would buy one for my sis but I am afraid she will give me the eyes ( she's somewhat conservative )

Edited by Mech-for-i

Mech,

I think that "baby pink" is more like a sand, or bran colour; a classic colour in the Wing Sung palette so all is good; in fact if I am to get a 601, that could well be my first choice :D

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Not solid. Translucent blue.

Edited by tvradio

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

I bought a red one that must arrive in about a week and a black one that must arrive about 2 to 3 weeks .

I bought them from the seller who sold a lot of pens to chrisrap52 .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

I got a couple of demonstrator 618s from art-pen-book-dy. No problems with seller or pens. Have been eyeing his listings of solid colour 618s and vacumatic 601s.

Ordered a solid color 992 and vacumatic from that guy. Will see what we will see. Will try to remember to post if & when they come in.

Haven't seen a solid 618...

Ordered a solid color 992 and vacumatic from that guy. Will see what we will see. Will try to remember to post if & when they come in.

Haven't seen a solid 618...

Here it is

s-l1600.jpg

I can confirm the solid colours are legit - I just checked on Taobao and they are there :)

Enjoy your purchases! The 618s are solid pens (pun intended :D ), I personally have three myself and love them

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I can confirm as well, I have a solid black 618 for about a week now and it's definitely legit.

Yesterday chrisrap52 uploaded a review

Found some now up for auction/sale now that I know what I am looking at.

I blew past then because i thought they seemed to have a Parker side type converter in some of the pictures but apparently that is a tube of silicone grease...

The baby pink one looks so nice, that shade of pastel pink is rare among fountain pens, I'm seriously considering it. Thank you all for confirming that they're the real deal, I was also unsure.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I'll try to sow the true color of the baby pink when my order arrive likely early next week .. and for the record, my sister tell me in no uncertain term that she do not want it ; so yes my order of 2 of these, I got to get the Pink and my sis will get the Black one.

I'll try to sow the true color of the baby pink when my order arrive likely early next week .. and for the record, my sister tell me in no uncertain term that she do not want it ; so yes my order of 2 of these, I got to get the Pink and my sis will get the Black one.

:P I just laughed! Sometimes girls and pink don't get along. I also went through a phase when I couldn't stand anything pink. Up today, fucsia and bright pink shades are good only in very small quantities. Well look at the upside, it seems like it's a subdued pastel hue, not bright fucsia!

If you have the time and post a picture, I'll be very glad, thank you.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Pen come in sunday evening and I had it out today for a shoot, this is done in natural daylight open shade, had it edited for color balance to best reflect how it look in real life. It is definitely a Baby Pink indoor but more a pale Pastel Baby Pink under daylight. Very soft kid of a color. The other pen is the Moonman 80 Mustard Yellow and the actual pen's color look lighter and cleaner

fpn_1516015314__mm80618-002.jpg

Edited by Mech-for-i