• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• Stompie

• Andrew_L

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great lettering DM. Nice and consistent. Do you scan your paper?

I should get a new cable for my scanner. Our rabbit chewed right through it!

Everybody is as masterful as usual.

I tried to slant my Italic this time.

Note for me not to use the back of the page of this paper...

fpn_1536740416__pelikan_4001_blau-schwar

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

Great lettering DM. Nice and consistent. Do you scan your paper?

I should get a new cable for my scanner. Our rabbit chewed right through it!

Thank you, Purple.

It's been too long since I have practiced a Humanist Bookhand-type script, and I was using a new, rather challenging italic nib. But that script seemed appropriate to the quotation.

This page was indeed scanned. You avoid lighting problems relative to phone photos - at least for me. You loose the lovely red sheen that Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo shows. Can't win 'em all.

In the words of Elmer Fudd, "Wascaly Wabbit!"

David

Excellent lettering from everyone I see!

David, yes a very wascaly wabbit indeed! I can see that the scanned items are much more flattering. Must remember to get that new cable.

The new quote is very positive, I'll give that one a go this evening.

My pleasure, I know how busy life can get at times.

Is it not an amazing quotation! I was quite surprised to read it as I was under the impression that that sort of saying was a modern day quotation. Pity though, that after all these years we have not learnt anything by those words of Dickens!

Andrew, what pen holder and which oblique nib was used? Beautiful!

Thanks. This is vintage French pen holder Blanzy №1655 and vintage French dip nib Baignol & Farjon Baionnette EF. These are my favorites holder and nib at the moment. I also like a Hunt 101 Imperial, but these two I use every day :).

Pens: Franklin-Christoph Model 02 with F-C music nib. Pelikan M800 Grande Place LE with B nib ground to CI

Inks: Sheaffer Red. Visconti Blue

Paper: Rodia

David

Good job _Inky Fingers! I liked your spencerian.

I do not have enough patience to make pressure only for strictly assigned places (capital + t, f, h, d) :)

My exercise:

https://images.vfl.ru/ii/1537692564/1f3f3c5e/23464674_m.jpg

For this week:

“Whence did the wond'rous mystic art arise,
Of painting speech, and speaking to the eyes?
That we by tracing magic lines are taught
How to embody, and to colour thought?”

William Massey

Pen: Stipula Etruria LE for Corsani, 0.9 mm italic nib

Ink: Stipula Sepia

Paper: Rhodia

This pen arrived by FedEx this morning. I inked it without rinsing out the nib and piston or anything. This writing was copied freehand from my computer screen for later calligraphic presentation - or my attempt at it, anyway. The ink flow seemed excessive, as it often is with a new pen just inked. But I liked the informal, cursive italic enough to post it as is.

David