Hello From North Carolina

acorpcop

Hello from the land of barbecue and pine trees.

Decided to register and say hello after reading FPN for some time. Recently got bit by the fountain pen bug again after a number of decades...

Thirty years ago, when I was a kid, I thought they were the coolest things ever and I had a few Pelikan student pens I had picked up when in Germany...

Fast forward to age 41. Having become Management in my career and having to sign innumerable things a day I decided to treat myself and pick up one of those Cross Bailey gift packs at Staples... Like a heroin junky, all it took was one taste and I was back to chasing the dragon.

Apparently I have a taste for Parker pens (I keep finding and buying 21's & 45s) and sub $2 Chinese pens.

Attached are my current work pens. The Parker has Diamine Poppy Red for correcting reports (I am a Luddite and do it on paper, can't proofread worth beans on a computer) and the Jinhao (omg, writes so nice for a buck fifty... And costs less than a ballpoint!) has Noodler's Black for signing stuffs. Not pictured is the "US Government" Skilcraft ballpoint in my ticket book.

post-140832-0-73717400-1515055123.jpg

Edited by acorpcop

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorpcop

• inkstainedruth

• MG66

• dhon27

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Are you East or West Carolina BBQ?

I'll eat either but prefer mine dry with Western style sauce on it. White vinegar slaw and hush puppies on the side.

Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Welcome! Glad you are with us!

If you are signing documents for work I would make sure I was using a bulletproof ink like the Noodlers bulletproof black or blue. They can't be manipulated. Just a thought.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Welcome from another Tar Heel. Raleigh, specifically...

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

Greetings from Pittsburgh! :W2FPN:

45s are great pens. I have three, and keep hoping that someday I will be able to get my hands on one with a 14K broad nib for not too big an outlay of cash (my first semi-vintage pen was a black 45 with a 14K M nib and with the right ink it's like dancing on ice :wub:).

I generally suggest that new people click on the "View New Content" button at the top of the page, to get a good overview of a range of topics (*don't* do what I did when I first started here, which was to read the Parker Forum... ALL of it; it's much bigger now... :o). The sidebar on the LH side of the main page listing all the Forums will let you adjust how much you want to see -- I generally select "New since my last visit". I also suggest that you check out the pinned Index to the Ink Reviews Forum -- although some older scans and photos have been lost due to the change in policy at Photobucket.

But I should also tell you that we are all shameless enablers who will happily help you spend your discretionary funds on pens, inks, paper, repair tools, sealing wax, ephemera, pen shows.... My personal rabbit hole -- for which I dived in head-first -- were vintage pens, especially (but not exclusively) Parkers. Less than 6 years ago I had never heard of Parker 51s, or Vacumatics, or even 45s.... Now I have a bunch of them... :blush:; all because of this place. And if you ask my husband, he'll tell you that I USED to collect pens, but now collect ink.... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Welcome !

The Parker 45 has been my pocket workhorse for fifty years. Today, it is loaded with Thornton Blue ink.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill