Omas Ogiva L.e Green Arco

ThatOneGuy114

This is an Omas Ogive L.E Green Arco. One of the rarest and hard to find pens in my collection and I can see why! This thing is a beauty. A pleasure to write with and look at as I write. The finish really makes me imagine a rustic and historied piece of art is simply dashing words onto the page instead of me. Really there's not much I can say other than Wow. Wow Omas.

Appearance and Design - 8/10 - I mean really, have you known a pen other than Omas to make something of this finish. (Other than a few customs) It's just stunning. However, this ogiva has the same issues as any ogiva, the piston may not always align with the finish. More annoying

Construction And Quality - 10/10 - The celluloid feels really strong and the nib writes beautifully. The celluloid (The pictures didn't capture it very well) is super deep and mesmerizing. I really sometimes just stare at it...

Weight and Dimensions - 10/10 - Fits super well in my hands and feels perfect.

Nib and Performance - 10/10 - An excellent everyday writer and a bit flexible.

Filling and Maintenance - 9/10 - I personally prefer a cartridge converter as I change inks like a madman

Cost and Value - ??? - The price fluctuates so widely I've seen some go for around 2k and frankly with their rarity that might actually be worth it.

This pen is an absolute beauty. Even though I'm getting ready to sell it, as money is coming up short this pen is screaming at me to not let it go. They're getting so rare nowadays to have one is to have a small fortune of history, art and creation. If you have one KEEP IT unless you need to let it go. :(

post-131239-0-55548700-1515035108_thumb.jpg

post-131239-0-48323800-1515035115_thumb.jpg

post-131239-0-76689100-1515035125_thumb.jpg

post-131239-0-14341500-1515035204_thumb.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThatOneGuy114

• dms525

• Bisquitlips

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful pen! I didn't know these were made. I have certainly never seen one. Do you know its history?

i have an Ogiva in the Extra Lucens material. Only 30 were produced in 2012 for Novelli. I wonder if your Ogiva was a special limited production for a pen shop.

In any case, congratulations on a spectacular pen.

David

I got the pen from a dealer in Europe, i hadn't heard of the model being made either but apparently it is. Highly doubt someone managed to find a blank of green arco celluloid and omas ogiva fittings and faked this pen! Do you have any pictures of your Ogiva?

I have an Ogiva Alba LE(83/327) in teal that I cannot use as it leaks so much around the nib end of the section! I flushes it well and just put in my desk. Glad your pen works.

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

I got the pen from a dealer in Europe, i hadn't heard of the model being made either but apparently it is. Highly doubt someone managed to find a blank of green arco celluloid and omas ogiva fittings and faked this pen! Do you have any pictures of your Ogiva?

The Ogiva to which I referred is the one in the middle.

David

That is some special and beautiful pen - congratulations and thanks for sharing. A very worhtwhile read...

luckilyIamnotinterestedinOMAS, luckilyIamnotinterestedinOMAS, luckilyIamnotinterestedinOMAS, luckilyIamnotinterestedinOMAS, luckilyIamnotinterestedinOMAS, luckilyIamnotinterestedinOMAS, luckilyIamnotinterestedinOMAS

Would you guys recommend more pictures or perhaps more explanation? I'm trying to increase the quality of my reviews.

congrats on a fantastic and very elusive Omas :)

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I am an Omas addict!

And this is a gorgeous pen!!!

Thank you for the great review!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

fantastic pen! thank you for showing

I am the lucky owner of an Ogiva Saft Green and Ogiva Arco Brown (top and bottom pens in dms525's post)

I bought them very shortly before Omas shut down...

My Arco pattern aligns cap/barrel only in one case in 4 or 5 possible positions... it's normal (but does drive you crazy...)

• 3 weeks later...

How much does the pen weigh? Been thinking of investing in a celluloid OMAS myself as I already own a OMAS colombo and really love the nib.

Not to brag but merely for record, this pen sold for 1600. While only time can tell how much it will consistently go for, I hope that this will provide a base line or a target for those looking to buy or sell a pen like this.

Not to brag but merely for record, this pen sold for 1600. While only time can tell how much it will consistently go for, I hope that this will provide a base line or a target for those looking to buy or sell a pen like this.

Auction, private sale, listed on a pen board?