Still Any Love For The Discontinued 1912?

wpj_ole

I began to wonder if this is possible with the 1912 and have been looking for a disassembly video but haven't found anything.

I would really love to see a video or some pics of the pen dismantled!

Actually, we should start a thread only showing pictures of dismantled MP pens or link to video in order to understand better how they are made!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• dubhe

• Tom Kellie

• 16m3mx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be also curious about what’s inside the 1912. The only clue that I was able to find is the disassembled Hero H718, which is supposed to be inspired by MB Heritage 1912.

Received back today my 1912 with a new Broad nib which has a lovely variation and does not seem to be too wet. Perfect, so glad I took the plunge with this nib on this pen, I was worried it might not work as a daily writer but it seems to be ok.

Also of note, the exchange took less than a week, I think Hamburg only have delays when the nibs are not in stock.

Enjoy it, that looks very nice.

I've had mine inked since early December when I got it. I came late to the party and it seems many others did too. When I saw it in the flesh I was sold on the appearance; that modern and vintage cross. Now that I've been writing with it for some time I must confess it is a very, very beautiful pen to write with. Pens that don;t post usually irritate me a bit, but this is so pleasurable that I can't gripe. I've been surprised at just how much I've enjoyed it. It feels so comfortable in the hand and the nib is a dream. It's a shame they discontinued this because of all the pens I've owned only the 149 and the Pilot 823 have tempted me to buy another for the sake of a different nib. If the 1912 was still available in a double broad I think I'd sell some pens to acquire.

Received back today my 1912 with a new Broad nib which has a lovely variation and does not seem to be too wet. Perfect, so glad I took the plunge with this nib on this pen, I was worried it might not work as a daily writer but it seems to be ok.

Also of note, the exchange took less than a week, I think Hamburg only have delays when the nibs are not in stock.

~ dubhe:

I like that handwriting sample. Your new Broad nib makes beautiful strokes.

A rapid nib exchange bringing you such an excellent nib is a great way to begin 2018.

Thank you for sharing the image and handwriting sample.

You have a nice daily writer. Enjoy!

Tom K.

Enjoy it, that looks very nice.

I've had mine inked since early December when I got it. I came late to the party and it seems many others did too. When I saw it in the flesh I was sold on the appearance; that modern and vintage cross. Now that I've been writing with it for some time I must confess it is a very, very beautiful pen to write with. Pens that don;t post usually irritate me a bit, but this is so pleasurable that I can't gripe. I've been surprised at just how much I've enjoyed it. It feels so comfortable in the hand and the nib is a dream. It's a shame they discontinued this because of all the pens I've owned only the 149 and the Pilot 823 have tempted me to buy another for the sake of a different nib. If the 1912 was still available in a double broad I think I'd sell some pens to acquire.

It is still available new, Harrods in London have one in stock I know of, and I am sure there are others.

Get thee behind me satan! How could you even think of posting such a temptation in Lent.

....off to look at what pens I can sell. Harrods offer a delivery service, right?.........

Edited by Uncial

Get thee behind me satan! How could you even think of posting such a temptation in Lent.

....off to look at what pens I can sell. Harrods offer a delivery service, right?.........

The sales guy in Harrods, who works for Montblanc, actually said it is still in production. Might be worth asking your local AD if they can get one.

I have sent my Heritage 1912 in for a nib exchange as well. MB has promised to get it back to me with a B nib by mid-March. I will do a show-and-tell.