• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A burgundy 344. It has an OB nib. This color is uncommon.

Edited by specialk0449

Hello,

I am new here, this is my 1st post. I didn't buy anything, my father just died a few days ago... I was cleaning up some stuff and I found in a box with a few nice writing tools. Can you help me find which models are? I was google it a little before asking. I like the silver one, it looks like one from 80'. The other one is a Meisterstuck 0.9mm gold mechanical, LeGrand maybe?

I will put a link to dropbox with some photos.

Thank you for your help!

LE. Also, I am trying to find a refill for the silver one. It's a 138mm long if it helps.

Edited by mirciusx

Bottle of Mystery Black ink.

Hvldil0.jpg

Dont normally like black inks, but I like this one. Flows really well and can shade too (black to deeper black. No gray). Has some sheen. Edited by max dog

Dont normally like black inks, but I like this one. Flows really well and can shade too (black to deeper black. No gray). Has some sheen.

~ max dog:

This is useful information.

I'd received bottles of Montblanc Mystery Black when buying 149s, but had shied away from using it.

What you've explained above regarding shading is unexpected, welcome news.

Thank you for mentioning that. I'll use it soon.

Tom K.

I found some more MB ink. Because yes, I clearly need more. :rolleyes: Well, I don't really need more ink but my only other bottle remaining of BRG has gone bad so I "needed" some more of this color.

fpn_1516832335__20180124_134416_resized.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

My latest arrival is Agatha. The silver trim is a bit tarnished. I'll touch it up just a bit, as I like some patina on silver but not quite this much. The original nib size sticker is still on the pen.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B92FEC436-FC6C-411E-8198-C385894BE785%7D/origpict/MB1.png

http://www.fototime.com/%7B2CC3A541-8E38-4659-AEB3-D5555E82E5BF%7D/origpict/MB2.png

Hello,

I am new here, this is my 1st post. I didn't buy anything, my father just died a few days ago... I was cleaning up some stuff and I found in a box with a few nice writing tools. Can you help me find which models are? I was google it a little before asking. I like the silver one, it looks like one from 80'. The other one is a Meisterstuck 0.9mm gold mechanical, LeGrand maybe?

I will put a link to dropbox with some photos.

Thank you for your help!

LE. Also, I am trying to find a refill for the silver one. It's a 138mm long if it helps.

Welcome to the board. I’m not familiar with ballpoints, so you’ll have to wait for someone who uses them.

~ max dog:

This is useful information.

I'd received bottles of Montblanc Mystery Black when buying 149s, but had shied away from using it.

What you've explained above regarding shading is unexpected, welcome news.

Thank you for mentioning that. I'll use it soon.

Tom K.

Yeah my bottle sat in the 149 pen case for nearly a year and I'm glad I started using it. I especially like this ink with my EF nib.

Hvldil0.jpg

I am torn about this one.. every time I buy it I say never again, then when the bottle is about to finish I get me another.

I think because of its high shading properties and not being so dark, it makes it picky for paper. It looks amazing on some types and totally bland/boring on others.

Hvldil0.jpg

This a regular ink in my pens. Well behaved and good tone. A reliable, no nonsense ink.

Currently flirting with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black - but I think I'm going to go back to Mystery Black, when the 4001 runs out.

Congrats to zaddick on finding BRG.

I've still got one old bottle of BlueBlack, which I'm rationing. Precious stuff.

Enjoy.

Welcome to the board. I’m not familiar with ballpoints, so you’ll have to wait for someone who uses them.

Thank you! I will be patient, I am new here. Also, I like pens more than rollers or pencils, but this my first MB after the perfume :P

Bought a 75th Anniversary 149 Limited Edition with the Mother of Pearl star from the bay. 

Not sure if it works as the owner said it was inked years ago and packed away in its box for years.  Might need a trip to the MB service center.  Hope it doesn't because I haven't had any luck with MB service recently.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Will update this thread with photos once it arrives. What are your thoughts on this model?  They seem really high priced on eBay these days.

Edited by 888007888

Okay. I've got a problem. I also just purchased the LeGrand 146 Ltd. Edition 75th anniversary FP even though the 149 hasn't arrived yet. I'm getting addicted to the MoP stars!!!

Okay. I've got a problem. I also just purchased the LeGrand 146 Ltd. Edition 75th anniversary FP even though the 149 hasn't arrived yet. I'm getting addicted to the MoP stars!!!

Not sure I see any problem... ;)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I recently bought a 70’s-80’s 146 with a wonderful OBB nib. The problem is that I’ve fallen in love with the line variation from that nib and all my other pens’ writing looks so bland when compared to it. Argh! Making me seriously reconsider selling off or regrinding some of my pens to match!

I recently picked up a 30 year old 146 in OM which was unused, the nib is so smooth and with a subtle variation that I have flushed most of my other pens and put them away. Only the 149 OB and a medium Omas remain in service.

Hopefully, a set is winging its way to me from Germany -- 342 extra-fine and 376 pencil. Will be a complement to my 342 OBB.