What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2018

RMN

First of all: I really have to appologize for posting this only a few posts after a wonderful Skeleton was shown and Tom Kellie posted an amazing piece just before:

I started 2018 with very good MB purchase - a Meisterstück Ultra Black 146. Boy, this is a excellent pen and it did a fantastic job this year. So today I closed my pen year with a complete different purchase. I could not resist and broke three of my rules with one single purchase:

1.) Buy fountain pens.

2.) Buy always black pens.

3.) Do not buy overpriced stuff. (Okay, this one is kind of weird when you are talking about MB.)

Sometimes something is definitely overpriced. And sometimes you know this. And in just a few cases you dont care:

1.) It is a ballpoint.

2.) It is red. Yes, a bright and flashy red.

3.) It is a Montblanc M. (Some might say the useless and arrogant version of LAMY safari.)

But I really have to admit: Yes, I love it!

~ colormind:

Wow! Terrific photos of your lovely new red Montblanc M!

Thank you for posting these. I enjoy seeing pens at interesting angles, such as you've achieved.

The four Lamy Safaris on my writing desk would struggle to reach the vibrant panache of your unapologetically red M.

The writing world would be a more dismal place without such flashes of color to contrast with black pens.

Your enthusiasm and pleasure in your pen brighten the close of 2018.

BTW: I've never seen anything like the white  pen.

Happy writing and photography!

Tom K.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ Ghost Plane:

When they're in use, I swoon.

Such outstanding writers.

Tom K.

Be sure to work near piles of pillows then. We don't want anything happening to you! ;)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi! This is my first post.

I’m an avid Montblanc collector and for my Christmas gift I purchased the Montblanc Moon Pearl fountain pen in M nib. The craftsmanship is truly amazing and is one of the best looking pens I own. The nib is also a great performer.

I hope all had a merry Christmas and I wish you all a happy new year,

Thomas V.

I’m an avid Montblanc collector and for my Christmas gift I purchased the Montblanc Moon Pearl fountain pen in M nib. The craftsmanship is truly amazing and is one of the best looking pens I own. The nib is also a great performer.

Thomas V.

~ Mercedes2:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network and to the Montblanc Forum!

It's great to have another lover of Montblanc fountain pens.

I'm so glad to know that your new Moon Pearl M writes well for you.

To you a very Happy New Year 2019!

Happy Writing!

Tom K.

~ Mercedes2:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network and to the Montblanc Forum!

It's great to have another lover of Montblanc fountain pens.

I'm so glad to know that your new Moon Pearl M writes well for you.

To you a very Happy New Year 2019!

Happy Writing!

Tom K.

Tom Kellie thank you for such a warm and gracious welcome to this forum,

Thomas V.

Edited by Mercedes2

Im an avid Montblanc collector and for my Christmas gift I purchased the Montblanc Moon Pearl fountain pen in M nib. The craftsmanship is truly amazing and is one of the best looking pens I own. The nib is also a great performer.

Thomas V.

That's a lovely one and on my "watch list." I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thomas V.

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to this corner of the writing universe, would you mind showing us some pics of your pen? We do love pictures and some detailed reviews of the Moon Pearl, it helps other people make some seriously mad if bad choices of purchasing (if available) the same pen. Enjoy your fountain pen in years to come.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Mercedes2, congratulations on the Moon Pearl and welcome to this forum. Like others, I have long admired this pen, it is stunning, but I have yet to buy one. Enjoy it!

Mercedes2, you dont have enough posts to post pictures yet. Hang in there, keep posting, & it will come with gold status.

Welcome to the board!

New folks, and new pens. Welcome all of you! Just in time for the New Year, which means the purchases in 2018 are like last year's calories... they don't count anymore so we can have new ones!

:P

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Mercedes2, you dont have enough posts to post pictures yet. Hang in there, keep posting, & it will come with gold status.

Welcome to the board!

Mercedes2, congratulations on the Moon Pearl and welcome to this forum. Like others, I have long admired this pen, it is stunning, but I have yet to buy one. Enjoy it!

The Moon Pearl is one of my yet to have modern grail pens :-)

Great choice!

Enjoy in good health

Michael

Welcome to the board!

To all, thank you for the kind words. Sorry I was not able to provide pictures. I guess I will just have to keep posting and writing to one day be able to show you all my newest acquisition!

Happy writing in 2019!

New folks, and new pens. Welcome all of you! Just in time for the New Year, which means the purchases in 2018 are like last year's calories... they don't count anymore so we can have new ones!

~ BillH:

It sounds like all restrictions on Montblanc purchases are lifted for 2019.

Rattlesnake Junction may see more quality Montblanc products in the coming seasons.

May the pens, inks, and assorted paraphernalia acquired in 2019 be at least as satisfying as those in 2018!

Happy writing and collecting in 2019!

Tom K.

~ BillH:

It sounds like all restrictions on Montblanc purchases are lifted for 2019.

Rattlesnake Junction may see more quality Montblanc products in the coming seasons.

May the pens, inks, and assorted paraphernalia acquired in 2019 be at least as satisfying as those in 2018!

Happy writing and collecting in 2019!

Tom K.

Thank you Tom!

Yes, 2019 may be a very good year for pens, although the number may be down a bit... would love to see a Blue Hour, perhaps a 1950's 149, maybe the white tribute 146... will be watching for the WE. And if people keep mentioning the Moon Pearl I may have another attack of pencovetitis, like I did when I got caught up reading about your Rose Gold 149 OBBB.

*sigh*

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso