• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My grail pen is finally on its way to me

fpn_1541297652__4b0dc0f1-b760-42a1-b4cd-

Awesome! Enjoy

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

A lovely and elegant pen. :thumbup: Glad you are finally in possession of your grail pen.

How old is it and which nib did you get?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Amazing! I can only dream of seeing it in person! Congratulations for an amazing acquisition

Thanks all, it has a palladium nib. Its not in perfect condition but its good enough for me for now. More pics when it arrives :)

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Yesterday, for my birthday, I received a requested gift -- (Montblanc M) RED Rollerball. I love the pen's vibrant red color and am very impressed by the sensuous feel of the magnetic cap. I plan to use this pen for daily writing (unlike my more expensive, bulkier MB pen which I use for limited occasions). Anyone have experience with this pen?

post-136109-0-40547400-1541356263_thumb.jpg

Congrats!!! Please show it off in a separate thread when it arrives. Is this a 139 or a 136?

Congrats!!! Please show it off in a separate thread when it arrives.

+1

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Congrats!!! Please show it off in a separate thread when it arrives. Is this a 139 or a 136?

Thank you, its the 139

Found 2 NOS pen cases off ebay that came from Paris, loving the yellow glove but sadly, only smaller pens such as a MB12 or Pelikan 205's fit snugly, it's just too tight for the 146. The green oblong pochette pen case fits the 146 with a lot of room, my guess is it fits the 149 perfectly, the green 2 pen flip flap pen case at the top of the picture, I got from another member from this forum.

post-141810-0-20268700-1541500253_thumb.jpg

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Fantastic! What a collection you now have. Many congratulations!

Thank you friend! I have a few of my pens out for restoration but when they return I will take pics of the collection display and share. I have sold about 40 other brand pens over the past 3 months and reduced my collection to 90% MB. Its a modest collection by FPN standards, but I feel its very close to complete for my personal taste and interests. More soon...

Yesterday, for my birthday, I received a requested gift -- (Montblanc M) RED Rollerball. I love the pen's vibrant red color and am very impressed by the sensuous feel of the magnetic cap. I plan to use this pen for daily writing (unlike my more expensive, bulkier MB pen which I use for limited occasions). Anyone have experience with this pen?

I have the M in fountain pen form, and although it doesnt have the magnets for posting, it is still a lovely pen to handle and use.

Found 2 NOS pen cases off ebay that came from Paris, loving the yellow glove but sadly, only smaller pens such as a MB12 or Pelikan 205's fit snugly, it's just too tight for the 146. The green oblong pochette pen case fits the 146 with a lot of room, my guess is it fits the 149 perfectly, the green 2 pen flip flap pen case at the top of the picture, I got from another member from this forum.

attachicon.gif IMG_2879.jpg

Pretty colors

Pretty colors

Yeah GP, they are quite nice, the seller still has some other Montblanc pen pouches left on her site the last time I checked, most of them are for 2 to 3 pens, too bad she didn't have a red one, Now that would have been awsome!, Plus the price for these isn't as steep as the newer pen case offerings or the other NOS I've seen from other retailers (which I think is highway robbery).

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

• 3 weeks later...

Received a package from Izod's today with a NOS Agatha Christie--sterling clip with a fine nib. It looks perfect. My other two Authors pens are the Hemingway and the Edgar Allan Poe. I had been looking for the Agatha for awhile and saw Roy's post on Instagram.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.